2016 CB/ATH Shyheim Carter Updates

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Re: 2016 CB/ATH Shyheim Carter Decommits from Alabama

You would expect the NCAA to keep a record of the historic and ongoing OM vs. Bama recruiting battles and to use that record as a blunt cheating indicator?
Maybe a bit too far, but the point shouldn't be lost.

We're used to seeing the name Ole Miss because they're in the SEC. They automatically feel a little bigger to us than they really are. But what they're currently doing would be akin to Reggie Bush signing with Arizona in the early 2000's instead of USC or Vince Young signing with Texas Tech instead of Texas. It doesn't enter the realm of reasonable possibility.

I went back and looked, neither Alabama, Georgia or LSU have won a head to head recruiting battle against Ole Miss under Freeze. The last major recruit Ole Miss lost out on when they went head to head with someone was Carl Lawson who chose Auburn in 2013.

At some point even reasonable people have to take a step back and ask questions.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Maybe a bit too far, but the point shouldn't be lost.

We're used to seeing the name Ole Miss because they're in the SEC. They automatically feel a little bigger to us than they really are. But what they're currently doing would be akin to Reggie Bush signing with Arizona in the early 2000's instead of USC or Vince Young signing with Texas Tech instead of Texas. It doesn't enter the realm of reasonable possibility.

I went back and looked, neither Alabama, Georgia or LSU have won a head to head recruiting battle against Ole Miss under Freeze. The last major recruit Ole Miss lost out on when they went head to head with someone was Carl Lawson who chose Auburn in 2013.

At some point even reasonable people have to take a step back and ask questions.
Not sure the NCAA would qualify as "reasonable", but could this be happening ( See Football forum )?

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005

Turn around and look up. That thing you see flying is the point that went way above your head.
I'm seeing the point pretty clearly. In fact, that same point seems like it's about all I see on this board these days.

That was my point... speaking of missed points.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Ole Miss fans believe Knott's commitment to Alabama is good news in regards to them getting Carter.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
I wouldn't take that one to the bank if I was a Rebel.....Bama only has one true Corner signed or committed, and historically they've had more than one every year.

tidefan23

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2004
Hoover, AL

Ole Miss fans believe Knott's commitment to Alabama is good news in regards to them getting Carter.
I hear the same. Knott's family apparently told Ole Miss that he would commit there if they would drop Carter.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

I hear the same. Knott's family apparently told Ole Miss that he would commit there if they would drop Carter.
I don't believe anything OM says , fans or staff alike. Knott was ready to commit 2x this past summer well before Carter de committed from Alabama. Which means his family was fully aware of Alabama taking more than one DB in this class. Technically Carter was recruited as a safety.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I don't believe anything OM says , fans or staff alike. Knott was ready to commit 2x this past summer well before Carter de committed from Alabama. Which means his family was fully aware of Alabama taking more than one DB in this class. Technically Carter was recruited as a safety.
We just got a CB from Sonny Shipp who is a LSWho recruiting insider about 30 mins ago and also got one 2 days ago from Shea Dixon who is also LSWho insider. I think this may be a pretty good indicator which way he may go.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

We just got a CB from Sonny Shipp who is a LSWho recruiting insider about 30 mins ago and also got one 2 days ago from Shea Dixon who is also LSWho insider. I think this may be a pretty good indicator which way he may go.
For those of us a little uneducated or who are new to the nitty gritty details of recruiting, what about these 2 particular CB's from Shipp and Dixon gives you a significant feeling of hope? Their area of operation? The HS's they are in dialogue with? Hope these questions don't induce eye rolling, I am literally a curious layman.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006

Personally I like Mayden at Corner....but what do I know?

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

yup. I think most thought Carter would wind up at LSU due to family ties in the end. this is certainly good news for Bama.
otoh, all OM sites believe he is heading to Oxford. :wink:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

For those of us a little uneducated or who are new to the nitty gritty details of recruiting, what about these 2 particular CB's from Shipp and Dixon gives you a significant feeling of hope? Their area of operation? The HS's they are in dialogue with? Hope these questions don't induce eye rolling, I am literally a curious layman.
Carter is from LA and has been heavily recruited by LSWho. These 2 guys are from LA and they have more insight with the coaches and contacts to where he is going since they are in his backyard. Obviously does not mean it is a done deal but a good indicator.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011

Where did you hear or see that? That's a little hard to believe.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.