You want $14.00/hour for unskilled work? OK, please meet your replacement...

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I saw the below article and thought it would be a good continuation of this thread.

The CEO of Carl's Jr. and Hardee's has visited the fully automated restaurant Eatsa — and it's given him some ideas on how to deal with rising minimum wages.

"I want to try it," CEO Andy Puzder told Business Insider of his automated restaurant plans. "We could have a restaurant that's focused on all-natural products and is much like an Eatsa, where you order on a kiosk, you pay with a credit or debit card, your order pops up, and you never see a person."

Puzder's interest in an employee-free restaurant, which he says would be possible only if the company found time as Hardee's works on its northeastern expansion, has been driven by rising minimum wages across the US.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/carl-jr-ceo-predicts-future-203203237.html

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I've had my personal banker suggest the same. I told her that, when I got crazy enough to trust the security on my cell phone that much, I'd try it...
Ha...the irony of your post and this thread popping back up given the current Apple/FBI thread. Apparently, if you have an iPhone running the latest iOS, you're safe...for now. :)

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
The last 3 or 4 times that I have made a bank deposit, either in the drive-thru or in the lobby, the tellers told me, excitedly, that I can now make deposits with my cell phone...maybe they hate their jobs, and want to get laid off, and go on unemployment...?
You can also do it at the ATM. Honestly, I bet they don't realize the consequences and are just telling people what they are told to tell them. Sad, isn't it.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
How quick do y'all think this will catch on and spread throughout the country? I went in a Taco Bell for my wife Saturday night and as expected got crappy service with a crappy attitude. Having a kiosk would have completely eliminated that part of the transaction.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
How quick do y'all think this will catch on and spread throughout the country? I went in a Taco Bell for my wife Saturday night and as expected got crappy service with a crappy attitude. Having a kiosk would have completely eliminated that part of the transaction.
If it works like self-checkout at Walmart then it will be terrible and I'll refuse to use it.

If it works better but I don't have to deal with some moron I will probably enjoy it better. Although there are rare occasions where I get good service at fast food. Recently stopped at the Arby's in Dothan and had some of the best customer service I've ever had at a fast food place. It was weird.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
If it works like self-checkout at Walmart then it will be terrible and I'll refuse to use it.

If it works better but I don't have to deal with some moron I will probably enjoy it better. Although there are rare occasions where I get good service at fast food. Recently stopped at the Arby's in Dothan and had some of the best customer service I've ever had at a fast food place. It was weird.
What issues have you had with self checkouts? I rarely have issues.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I suspect that once the critical mass is reached and production costs drop dramatically these will be everywhere. Five to ten years max, I'm betting.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
How quick do y'all think this will catch on and spread throughout the country? I went in a Taco Bell for my wife Saturday night and as expected she got diarrhea and a crappy attitude. Having something else would have completely eliminated that smell.
FIFY :wink:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Maybe your expectations at a Taco Bell are way too high ;)

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
allow the app to access my phone's GPS and local traffic news to insure that I arrive at restaurant exactly as my order has been completed and auto charge google wallet for my order and you have something I'd use. Wouldn't even need the confirmation number the store could be alerted when your car get's within a 1/4 mile and they could have someone hand you the order as soon as you drive up.
replying to my own post as I should have patented this, the Chicfila One app does nearly exactly this

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
What issues have you had with self checkouts? I rarely have issues.
Unexpected item in bagging area is the main one. Or items too light to register that you put them in a bag. 9 times out of 10 we have to call over someone to unlock the system after it gives us one of these errors 2 or 3 times. My wife always wants to go to self-checkout because "it's faster" and then I see 4 or 5 people that would've been in line behind us at other registers go walking out the door.

The fact that all the Walmarts in this area always have someone waiting to fix these problems tells me I'm far from the only one that has to deal with it. The Winn-Dixie here pulled all the self-checkouts back out of the store after similar issues.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

Maybe it's just user error. Self checkout at Walmart works smoothly for me.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
There are self checkouts, and there are WalMart self checkouts. I rarely have problems at Winn Dixie or Home Depot (except for that !#$%!#$!% self-serve propane POS). WalMart is just a pain, and it's clear that a lot of it is due to poor maintenance.
Yep. Walmart self checkout always seems to be a problem while every other place is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.