****2014 Crown Jewel Countdown: #11 - DT - Joshua Frazier****

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

Scouting Report
Nice mixture of Terrence Cody (huge body size) and Jesse Williams (bench presses 500 +). Prototypical 3-4 NT. He's a space eater who can penetrate the offensive backfield and attract 2 blockers to free up linebackers.

BigEasyTider's Take

runtheoption22's Take
As you'll see when we post our individual rankings, I am very high on Frazier. Extremely strong before Cochran ever gets a hand on him. Plays the NT position well. Doesn't just clog holes, but gets a push- even against double teams. This could be the fixture of the middle of the line for the next 3 years, at least as he learns the game this season.

WMack4Bama's Take
I'm excited and thankful that we made him our top priority as a NT. He got a ton of pressure about leaving his home state to play for a divison rival. But, in my opinon, he's without question our answer there for the next 3-4 years. Sure, he'll more than likely have to come out on 3rd downs, but the message that Coach Saban has been sending since SEC Media Days has been "The time is now to resurrect the identity of the Alabama football program" . That starts with Josh Frazier. He will be the physical presence in the middle of our rugged defense that allows our linebackers to be terrors all over the field. He'll be great before he leaves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.