LB Darrell Williams Updates (Auburn Commit)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
247 profile

He committed to Auburn on May 7, but AlabamaIntel wrote yesterday he could flip to Alabama within the next week.

One major recruiting note: Hoover outside linebacker Darrell Williams, who has been committed to Auburn since May 7th, 2014 is very close to flipping to Alabama, according to strong sources INTEL has spoken with at Hoover HS. It has been in the works for a few weeks and will likely happen within the next week…the Crimson Tide staff would like to add two linebackers to the class. One versatile space Backer like Williams that could play inside & out, and a middle linebacker, which could be Memphis Whitehaven High School LB Joshua McMillon, who will announce his decision before his first game on August 22nd. His three finalists are Alabama, Ole Miss and Michigan. AlabamaINTEL was impressed with McMillon physically when we saw him at the Spain Park NFTC combine back in the spring.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Re: 2015 4* Hoover LB Darrell Williams Updates

I hope so. I really like getting the in state guys to come to the good guys.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

There has been some talk of this for the past three or four weeks, but obviously nothing definite just yet. Wouldn't be any real shock if a flip did indeed take place, but we'll see.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Flipping a Hoover kid to the good side would be a good enough shock to the Barners and hopefully it happens soon.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Will add this: If the Williams flip comes to fruition, you can probably just about close the book on Leo Lewis.

The same will definitely be the case if we pick up Joshua McMillon next week.

Last edited:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Will add this: If the Williams flip comes to fruition, you can probably just about close the book on Leo Lewis.

The same will definitely be the case if we pick up Joshua McMillon next week.
I don't think Lewis was coming back to Bama either way, that ship has sail. as I mentioned in the Lewis thread, he isn't leaving the state of Mississippi.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Here's a piece on Williams from al.com. They rated him the number 4 player in the state. Reading this, I can see a possible flip. He says he's committed to Auburn, but he grew up a Bama fan and admits he's still listening to other schools. Link

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Here's a piece on Williams from al.com. They rated him the number 4 player in the state. Reading this, I can see a possible flip. He says he's committed to Auburn, but he grew up a Bama fan and admits he's still listening to other schools. Link
I can see it also from reading that article. He looks like the real deal and hope he does flip to the good side.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

He looks like the real deal and hope he does flip to the good side.
Think the issue is less on his end and more on ours. Question, I think, is we would also take him if we pick up a commitment late next week from Joshua McMillon?

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Think the issue is less on his end and more on ours. Question, I think, is we would also take him if we pick up a commitment late next week from Joshua McMillon?
Losing Lewis, I think we would. I think we were looking to add 1 more LB with Lewis on board. If McMillon commits to us (which I believe is the majority opinion), we're back to 1 open LB spot not named Jefferson. We will hold 1 spot for Jefferson regardless. But we need at least 2 more bodies for ILB and I think it'll be Williams and Mcmillon.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Losing Lewis, I think we would. I think we were looking to add 1 more LB with Lewis on board. If McMillon commits to us (which I believe is the majority opinion), we're back to 1 open LB spot not named Jefferson. We will hold 1 spot for Jefferson regardless. But we need at least 2 more bodies for ILB and I think it'll be Williams and Mcmillon.
Perhaps, but we slow-played him earlier this year, and it's no guarantee we would take him now, not at least if we pick up McMillon. Space is going to remain extremely tight until the staff gets a better sense of a couple of possible flips as we get closer to NSD.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

I'm hearing some noise about Williams possibly flipping, even with the McMillon committment. Anybody here hearing the same thing?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He discussed his recruitment after Hoover's loss yesterday. Link

Darrell Williams announced his verbal commitment to Auburn in May, but Hoover's star linebacker appears to be keeping his options open.

The 6-foot-3, 226-pounder is still being pursued heavily by Alabama while Oklahoma and Florida State continue to show interest.

"Auburn is the school I'm committed to, but at the same time, at the end of the day, people change their minds," Williams said Saturday after Hoover's season-opening loss to Miami-Central. "You just have to go with the flow. Everything happens for a reason. If I were to go to Auburn, then that's the place for me. If I were to go to Alabama or Oklahoma, then that would be the place for me."

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
I have a feeling we will see Mr. Williams in crimson.
The question is whether or not we take him. I think he is ours if we really want him, but numbers are really tight and I do not believe he has a guaranteed spot at the moment.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
The question is whether or not we take him. I think he is ours if we really want him, but numbers are really tight and I do not believe he has a guaranteed spot at the moment.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, now go fill in all those blanks in the Crown Jewel profiles. Haha, just messin' with ya.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Yeah, yeah, yeah, now go fill in all those blanks in the Crown Jewel profiles. Haha, just messin' with ya.
Sick burn. Give him an auburn icon , BET! Lmao

in regards to mr.williams, great measurables! 6-3 226lbs. Another monster for Coach Cochran! Isn't Hoover a proverbial pipeline for us? Can't recall hardly any of Hoover's kids going to auburn.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.