DL Raekwon Davis Updates

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Re: 2016 DL Raekwon Davis Flips to Miss. St

Andrew Bone just tweeted out that Raekwon told him that he was still committed to Bama regardless of news reports.
.....so who knows....

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

So, I heard a coach stole his phone and tweeted out that he committeed to MSU. Any truth to that? If so, there should be some kind of punishment for the coach and school.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

So, I heard a coach stole his phone and tweeted out that he committeed to MSU. Any truth to that? If so, there should be some kind of punishment for the coach and school.
Kid needs a security guard. Earlier reports that he had de-committed was due to someone hacking his phone. Now this report is due to someone swiping his phone?

I've got a neighbor kid that is 10 years old that keeps up with his phone better if this is the case.

Last edited:

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001

Very hard to believe this is really true, but I guess stranger things have happened. I guess...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Scout.com reporting Raekwon is taking an official to Alabama this weekend. We'll see how it goes, but I suspect he doesn't sign with Alabama on NSD.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

The someone-snatched-my-phone defense is long beyond belief at this point.

Real issue here was, and is, academics. If Davis believed he would make it through the Clearinghouse, we wouldn't have the slightest issue here. Instead, in light of his academic uncertainty, he's giving serious consideration to Mississippi State, because he's aware that the odds of them holding a spot for him in two years is much higher.

FWIW, I wouldn't be overly surprised (though I would be somewhat) if Davis signs with Alabama on NSD. I will, however, be legitimately surprised if he is on campus in Tuscaloosa next fall.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Davis confirmed his commitment to Alabama and will take a OV next weekend per BOL mods.
His whole recruitment has been bizarre. Regardless what happens on NSD, we all know Davis is a great prospect and will fill our DT needs if he signs with Alabama. the real question though is he going to qualify ???

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Davis confirmed his commitment to Alabama and will take a OV next weekend per BOL mods.
His whole recruitment has been bizarre. Regardless what happens on NSD, we all know Davis is a great prospect and will fill our DT needs if he signs with Alabama. the real question though is he going to qualify ???
Here's the BOL article for those interested.

http://tinyurl.com/j2raw3o
Raekwon Davis updates commitment status

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

honestly no he won't qualify as it stands

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Again, it's all a question of academics, not a question of his commitment to Alabama. If he believes he can somehow become qualified by August, or get himself qualified after a two-year stint at a JUCO, he'll sign with Alabama. If not...

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Again, it's all a question of academics, not a question of his commitment to Alabama. If he believes he can somehow become qualified by August, or get himself qualified after a two-year stint at a JUCO, he'll sign with Alabama. If not...
Will we sign him if the staff believes he won't qualify? Not sure we will.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

this

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.