****2014 Crown Jewel Countdown: #5 - ATH, Bo Scarbrough****

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

Scouting Report
Bo Scarbrough was the first commitment of Alabama's 2014 class. Despite transferring twice in one season: first from Northridge to Tuscaloosa County High School in June then to IMG in Bradenton, Florida, before his senior season, Scarbrough stayed the course with Alabama despite heavy pursuit from a host of top 25 schools. He had a huge senior season at IMG Academy as he stayed healthy for most of his senior season (suffered a torn ACL his sophomore year and had a high number of carries on the repaired ACL during his junior season) and rushed for 1118 yards on 108 carries, an average of over 10 yards per carry. He added 10 receptions for 131 yards and scored 19 total touchdowns (16 rushing, 3 receiving). He followed that up with an unbelievable week of practice at the Under Armour All-American game. But Scarborough had issues with grades and wasn't cleared by the NCAA Clearinghouse in time to join the team this fall. He's scheduled to take two classes at Tuscaloosa County High School this fall and if all goes well, he'll enroll at the University of Alabama in January.

BigEasyTider's Take

runtheoption22's Take
It's so hard to rate Bo fairly because he was always a question mark in regards to qualifying (think Eddie Lacy was rated low because of his perceived ineligbility) and because everyone wanted to make him something OTHER than a RB. Here's the deal though: if you rate Bo strictly as a RB, he is remarkable. As much praise as that new LSU RB got, Bo consistently performed at or above him in regards to testing and All-Star games. We love Derrick Henry and will for at least 2 more seasons, but Bo has a gear I'm not sure Henry has. If Bo arrives in January, consider it an ultimate blessing for him and Bama....because he will likely tote the rock for 3 seasons significantly.

WMack4Bama's Take
I watch a lot of football. And I've been around top notch athletes pretty much all my life. But Bo is one of the most impressive physical specimens I've ever seen. The first time I took note of him was during his freshman season in a game against Alabama WR Christion Jones's high school team . Bo broke it up the middle, and Jones had an angle on him dead to rights and he left Jones at least 20 yards in the dust. I knew then that he'd be special. Unfortunately, frankly speaking, he didn't take care of business in the classroom. But once he gets to campus, he is going to be a terror on the field. Bo could legitimately be an All-American at RB, WR, or TE. The mention of tight end was something he wasn't interested in when first brought up by the coaching staff (which is why he slightly wavered and sought attention from AU & UGA). The two TE system with he & OJ Howard could be.....WOW....but Bo wants to play RB. And whether he plays a pure halfback, and H-back or takes the good advice and moves to TE, Bo will be special.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I wonder why he would be opposed to playing TE. Looking forward, there is much more money to be made in the NFL as a top flight TE, or at least getting drafted much higher. I would love to see him as a tight end/wide receiver hybrid player.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Just a little nugget to throw out there too since RTO brought up the new LSU RB. I don't know how much of a chance we had at landing him anyway,but I do know that for whatever reason, he & Bo did NOT want to play with each other under any circumstances. I have no details on the back story of it. I just know they didn't want to play together.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Just a little nugget to throw out there too since RTO brought up the new LSU RB. I don't know how much of a chance we had at landing him anyway,but I do know that for whatever reason, he & Bo did NOT want to play with each other under any circumstances. I have no details on the back story of it. I just know they didn't want to play together.
Cause they're the best two RBs in the class, and they didn't want to crowd the backfield with two much awesome, maybe? Both these guys expect to be the starter by the junior year, I'm sure.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I've always thought we need Bo at RB. To me he has that Derrick Henry type skills at RB but Bo is not as raw as Henry was out of h.s. Granted he'll need to learn how to block as well as Henry did. With us having 3 capable SEC backs right now with Yeldon, Henry, and Drake I'm kind of glad Bo was pushed back as it saves us a year with him. He's the type that would go 3 and out so being able to push his enrollment back helps him and us IMHO.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.