Link: The Ebb Of The Tide: Alabama Is Dead

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL
Well according to this guy, Alabama is dead. I wonder if we should even show up for our first game this year or even finish the season since it's already over right?

http://www.smokingmusket.com/2014/8/20/6046755/alabama-crimson-tide-football-preview-dynasty

This quote was probably my favorite gem of the whole bunch: "But the cracks are showing. Alabama lost out to Kentucky (KENTUCKY!) for a football recruit"
Yep, that's true, and yet we still had the #1 recruiting class again...nice try WVU writer.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
Wow that is one hopeful article. Many of those dynasties he mentioned lost the HC along the way. I don't understand alot of his logic. The Tide didn't fold after the '08 loss to Florida, the USCe loss in '10, the OT loss to the Who's, the Scam Newton comeback, or the A&M debacle in '12. What makes the Iron Bowl from this past year any different? This guy just wants hits, and I'm sorry to say I gave him one, but he will get no more.

TNBama

1st Team
Apr 19, 2000
Knoxville, TN. USA
I was bored and needed a good laugh, so I clicked it.
My first good laugh came when he described Alabama as "...bad grammar and trailers and more tattoos...".
And that is from a WEST VIRGINIA writer??? Those mountains have more of "those" people than Alabama ever could. How very ironic.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Sounds like an article written to create a response. I won't waste my time reading it.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
My bad, Aaron Suttles from the Tuscaloosa News re-tweeted it and I clicked it. From there I could not unsee what had already been seen. Would make for some good locker room material at least.
Did you miss the tweet where Suttles admitted it was a satire piece?

pyro

Suspended
Nov 9, 2004
Winchester TN
To quote a pop stars newly released hit single.. “Haters going to hate, hate, hate"

Yes I just quoted T-swift in a football forum, I totally understand if I get banned.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.