Skip Bertman please hire

tideohio

Scout Team
Nov 17, 2002
Columbus, OH, USA
Les Miles. What a genius, what an offensive mastermind. He would look good in purple and be a dominant force in the SEC. Please hire him to take you to the promised land and handle Tulane every year. Matter of fact, give him one of them Nick Saban type contracts to keep him there. You will never find another coach with such a beautiful complexion. Go get him Skip.

RTR!

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Something a lot of people don't know is Alabama nearly got Les Miles -- twice. He threw his hat in the ring at UA during both our most recent searches, even the mid-year search that brought in Shula.

I don't think he's the next Knute Rockne, but the guy beat Oklahoma twice with a very inferior team. I think he'll do well at LSU.

TerryP

Suspended
Oct 8, 1999
JessN said:
Something a lot of people don't know is Alabama nearly got Les Miles -- twice. He threw his hat in the ring at UA during both our most recent searches, even the mid-year search that brought in Shula.

I don't think he's the next Knute Rockne, but the guy beat Oklahoma twice with a very inferior team. I think he'll do well at LSU.
For the life of me I can't pull the guys name. QB for Oklahoma in his playing days and is the current OC for the 'Pokes. Grady? He has a brother in the coaching ranks also. No, it's not Grady...that is one of their QB's behind White. Anyway...former OU QB is now their OC...and that is the biggest reason for Miles' success.

You should have heard a lot of the OU fans a couple of years ago when his name came up for the Bama job....most I talked to said "Huge Mistake!!!" Like Rader, Miles does seem to have a knack with QB's.

UA90

1st Team
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham, AL
TommyMac said:
I think Gundy had a brother named Cale that also played QB, but I'm not sure where he played.
I believe Cale Gundy played at OU is the early 1990's. On another note, I actually think that Les Miles happens to be a pretty good football coach.

Leigh

Oklahoma All-American
Apr 24, 2002
Wichita Falls, TX
www.ouboards.com
Mike Gundy is from Midwest City, OK, and was the quarterback for Oklahoma State from 1986 to 1989 when Pat Jones was the head coach. Mike is now the offensive coordinator at Oklahoma State.

His younger brother, Cale Gundy, was the quarterback at Oklahoma from 1991 to 1994 when Gary Gibbs was the head coach. Cale is now the running backs coach at Oklahoma and was one of Bob Stoops' first hires.

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
LOL "What a genius, what an offensive mastermind."

Now there's a phrase I never thought I'd see used in reference to ole Lester...

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Les Miles was a good hire by LSU. I suppose I'd stop short of calling him a great coach, but they could have easily done worse and I imagine they did so with their latest hire. More than anything, Les Miles had a Nick Saban problem at LSU (although in turn it is accurate to point out he inherited a well oiled machine from Saban). That aside though, he has at least one more NC if Nick Saban just wasn't in the way. His biggest mistakes was sticking around and trying to go toe to toe with Saban, when he could have taken the Michigan job. Of course, if he'd started in 2012, he'd have Meyer to contend with, but I imagine he'd still have been judged a bit more fairly.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Les Miles was a good hire by LSU. I suppose I'd stop short of calling him a great coach, but they could have easily done worse and I imagine they did so with their latest hire.
Like if they took Saban's advice and hired Houston Nutt.

His biggest mistakes was sticking around and trying to go toe to toe with Saban, when he could have taken the Michigan job. Of course, if he'd started in 2012, he'd have Meyer to contend with, but I imagine he'd still have been judged a bit more fairly.
Only if Herbstreit had kept his mouth shut for a few more hours that 2007 Saturday...

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Les Miles was on my flight the other day. He was very nice and actually looked better than last season. Looks like he lost some weight and seemed so carefree. Then again, he may have been just as carefree in the season too. LOL.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.