Game Thread: Barn vs. Kansas State (was, CFN article)

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
I've crossed her many times. The worst was borrowing a friend's motor home and going out to a CO RV resort to ski. (Not much fun, when you have to defrost the sewer bayonet each AM when it's -15F.) All the way out I-70, they had grooved the pavement for repaving in the spring. The cross winds were so strong, that they kept sliding me across the snow pack and depositing me in the adjacent lane. That was a one-time experience. Never again...
My father lives in Oberlin, KS (NW corner of the state). One October, while I was living in Omaha, I met up with my brother in Oberlin, where we geared up and drove out to Estes Park, CO for a Long's Peak camping trip (another story altogether if you consider how cold it can get at altitude in October). Anyway, on the return trip along that I-70 stretch from Denver to Colby, we had some wicked North to South crosswinds that actually tipped our truck to about a 30 degree angle before we steered it back down. We almost decided to park the truck just off I-70 and camp another night until the winds died down. It was just that dangerous to be on the road. But we drove through without a repeat incident.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.