Hello

B

BamaJ

I haven't been here in a little while. Last time I was here, I was asking for prayers with my marriage. Things have greatly improved. So much so that we are expecting our first baby on June 18 of this year. God has truly blessed us. However, I've made a boo boo. Yep, leave it to ole BamaJ to mess something up. No, I didn't do anything to hurt the marriage or the baby. Back in July, I left a job with Siemens (I had been there for 5 years and hadn't moved up despite lots of hard work and learning extra duties and everything) to take a job with someone I "knew." Well, I got messed over for lots of money, didn't get paid on time, had a payroll check bounce and was accused of not knowing enough to work for the guy, even though I explained, in depth, what I was capable of doing as compared to what he needed me to do. He never questioned my ability until I started asking questions about my pay and why it took an act of congress to get paid every other Friday. Anyway. I wound up quitting that job due to not getting paid right, no benefits (which I was promised) and not having taxes taken from my pay. So, I found a contract job with Teksystems. They hooked me up with a contract with my old company (Siemens) and I've been doing stuff for them since about November. Well, my contract is coming to an end and I need a steady job. Please pray for me. As always, I scan from time to time and actually write down requests and put them on my list, so your requests are being prayed for by BamaJ and family. Thank you all so much and God Bless!!!

CrimsonNan

BamaNation Hall of Fame
Oct 19, 2003
Vestavia Hills, Alabama, USA
Will do BamaJ. My last job got messed with a stupid "contract" as well. I also received no benefits and they didn't take out for taxes. This was a company I'd worked for for two years and they hung that contract on me. I continued to work for them, like an idiot, for about 7 more months, because I thought I had to because I needed a job, and then I quit. Actually, I retired, and have done just as well. Of course you're obviously younger than I am, and can't retire. Just wanted you to know that sometimes we do what we think is best at the time and it turns out bad through no fault of our own. BTW, since I had a "special" contract, they mailed me my check, rather than it deing deposited in my account like it had been. So guess what? It got lost in the mail once and was almost two weeks before they made it good, and by that time my bank account was in shambles. The bank DID, after about a month, give me credit for most of the overdraft charges, after the company I worked for wrote them and explained.

Best laid plans..... Sometimes ya just can't win...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.