Request for prayers for my dog
    Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Request for prayers for my dog

He got into some medication today and was pretty bad off when my wife got him to the vet. I was at work. Last I was able to check on him tonight was at 8PM and he was resting and groaning a bit. Apparently, it was phenibut he got into, which is an herbal supplement. He had neurological symptoms typical of toxicity. He's getting fluids along with pain and anti-seizure meds overnight. It will be about 2PM Sunday before we'll be able to know anything. I know it may seem silly to some, but this is our baby. Thank you all.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

Re: Request for prayers for my dog

Doing much better today and got to see him. Still needs to stay again tonight.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

BamaNation All-American tattooguy21's Avatar

Sorry I'm just seeing this. Hoping it all worked out

Thank you. Happy to say he is home safe and sound. He got a relatively new lipid emulsion therapy which acted as a "sink" for the medicine since it is lipophilic. It saved his life.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame CHATTBRIT's Avatar

You are not being silly to ask for prayers for your dog. I am so glad he is doing much better. All pets, while not children, are definitely a part of the family. From childhood on up, I have cried into the scruff of the neck of one of my dogs when faced with life's difficulties and have found it tremendously helpful. Dogs, particularly, love you unconditionally and are important inhabitants of any home.
    Manchester City 2017-2018 English Premier League Champions & Carabou Cup Winners
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag