All-Inclusive Ebola thread...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Re: If Ebola comes to America, it's the government's fault...

The Administration's and the CDC's "this is no big deal; we've got this" attitude has fostered a lackadaisical attitude among health care workers and hospital administrators.
It seems to me that there is a grey area between rioting in the street killing west Africans on sight and ignoring an infectious disease.
I can only imagine that Dr. Frieden thinks that panic will result in mob killings of innocent west Africans and refuses to do anything he thinks might lead to that.
That said, wait until Ebola starts killing large numbers of people in lots of states (because of inadequate precautions) and he might get his nightmare.
I'd just prefer to err on the side of caution.

Plus, Frieden seems arrogantly to conflate "the US" with "the rest of the world outside west Africa." If the US does not allow direct flights from (or tickets originating in) Ebola-infected countries, West Africans still have lots of choices. They could go to Cuba, China, Russia, etc. Frieden just strikes me as a boob with severe ideological blinders.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

The Administration's and the CDC's "this is no big deal; we've got this" attitude has fostered a lackadaisical attitude among health care workers and hospital administrators.
It seems to me that there is a grey area between rioting in the street killing west Africans on sight and ignoring an infectious disease.
I can only imagine that Dr. Frieden thinks that panic will result in mob killings of innocent west Africans and refuses to do anything he thinks might lead to that.
That said, wait until Ebola starts killing large numbers of people in lots of states (because of inadequate precautions) and he might get his nightmare.
I'd just prefer to err on the side of caution.

Plus, Frieden seems arrogantly to conflate "the US" with "the rest of the world outside west Africa." If the US does not allow direct flights from (or tickets originating in) Ebola-infected countries, West Africans still have lots of choices. They could go to Cuba, China, Russia, etc. Frieden just strikes me as a boob with severe ideological blinders.
Frieden is nothing more than a political hack & community organizer like his boss.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

So how will the Ebola scare affect the economy? I can see airline sales dropping like a rock in lieu of flying with a potential infected person which in turn will drive their stock prices into the ground. What are some other areas of the economy that will be affected?

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK

I wonder if all those conservatives realize all that harping about Ebola being airborne means they believe in evolution now? :confused:

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013

I wonder if all those conservatives realize all that harping about Ebola being airborne means they believe in evolution now? :confused:
Micro-evolution, yes. It's not like we'll see the Ebola bug turn into a lizard or a fish.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010

Not evolution, mutation.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

and traveled via plane while feeling symptoms with like 113 passengers....great!
113 passengers + anyone in the airport she came in contact with including TSA agents + anyone she came into contact with while in Akron, Ohio or in the airport in Dallas or anyone she came in contact with in Dallas, boy friend or husband, kids, friends.

Who needs to be monitored? I don't think it's just 113 passengers on that one flight.

Yes, (to answer the thread question) it's the government's fault if some people in contact with those that have it are NOT being PROPERLY monitored.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

I just wrote my Representative asking him to consider whether it is not yet time to impeach and remove the President.
If President Biden won't close down travel from the hot zone, then maybe President Boehner will,

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

113 passengers + anyone in the airport she came in contact with including TSA agents + anyone she came into contact with while in Akron, Ohio or in the airport in Dallas or anyone she came in contact with in Dallas, boy friend or husband, kids, friends.

Who needs to be monitored? I don't think it's just 113 passengers on that one flight.

Yes, (to answer the thread question) it's the government's fault if some people in contact with those that have it are NOT being PROPERLY monitored.
I agree. I split the threads because there are two clear aspects of it.This thread covers one facet. I named it "Obama" at first, but then I realized that the failure was on government at many levels, including, of course, the CDC. Later I'll relate an incident which caused me to lose any respect for the CDC many years ago...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

I agree. I split the threads because there are two clear aspects of it.This thread covers one facet. I named it "Obama" at first, but then I realized that the failure was on government at many levels, including, of course, the CDC. Later I'll relate an incident which caused me to lose any respect for the CDC many years ago...
Oh, way to get folks curious...

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

Just wait until the Ebola patients get their mandatory pat downs, followed by pat downs of everyone else.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

If this Ebola virus spreads here as widely as it did in Africa, then we can expect hundreds of thousands of deaths, if not millions. Should that come to pass, every member of the Democrat party who is presently holding office can kiss their political future goodbye.
"You are known by the company you keep."

Of course I don't expect this to have much of an effect. And it won't until the moms, dads, spouses, siblings and other close relatives of dyed in the wool Democrats start dying off because they had decided that loyalty to a political party and it's agenda are more important than what is best for the country. Of course by then it will be too late, won't it?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Oh, way to get folks curious...
It involved their ignoring a chain of transmission of C-J disease (about the same as mad cow, except around a lot longer), because it conflicted with their official position. Sound familiar?

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

If this Ebola virus spreads here as widely as it did in Africa, then we can expect hundreds of thousands of deaths, if not millions. Should that come to pass, every member of the Democrat party who is presently holding office can kiss their political future goodbye.
"You are known by the company you keep."

Of course I don't expect this to have much of an effect. And it won't until the moms, dads, spouses, siblings and other close relatives of dyed in the wool Democrats start dying off because they had decided that loyalty to a political party and it's agenda are more important than what is best for the country. Of course by then it will be too late, won't it?
If this breaks out, they will scurry away like cockroaches when you flip on a light.
They have already started the "blame Republicans" ads, even though Republicans added $300 billion to the Obama Administration's 2014 CDC budget.
Fortunately for Democrat party hopes, there are enough moron voters out there to keep the Democrat party viable forever.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

Originally Posted by PacadermaTideUs
The problem with the response is that planners look at a current situation and even trying to err on the safe side, might plan a response that is twice what is now needed. But implementing that response may take minimum 2 months (9 weeks). And with a spread rate that is doubling the number of cases every 3 weeks, by the time that response is implemented, they are already behind by 75% what is needed.

What's needed now: 2 beds (We'll supply 4 just to be safe, and it'll take 2 months)
What's needed 3 weeks later: 4 beds
What's needed 6 weeks later: 8 beds
What's needed 9 weeks later: 16 beds
Here's your 4 beds. Now we only need 12 more beds (We'll make 24 just to be safe)

Exactly. And we didn't even respond at all until it was almost too late, and that response has been terribly inadequate. You pretty much hit the nail on the head, but that's where leadership - or lack thereof, as it were - come into play. Either Obama's advisors failed him or he didn't listen. The whole lot of them seem too ignorant and arrogant to plan a football party well.

(I hope moving it here was the right thing to do because it needed to be said)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.