*** RB Damien Harris Commits to Alabama ***

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Right now LSU isn't really where a lot of offensive recruits want to go. Les is slowly killing that program.
Except that they have a five-star WR, RB, and OL in this class. You would think that their many years of offensive incompetence would keep top offensive recruits out of Baton Rouge, but it doesn't seem like it's ever going to happen.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Except that they have a five-star WR, RB, and OL in this class. You would think that their many years of offensive incompetence would keep top offensive recruits out of Baton Rouge, but it doesn't seem like it's ever going to happen.
Oh it's being talked about. You're talking about four players. It's become such an issue that some recruits are starting to bring up the offensive ineptness enough (in recruiting) that our local sports talk radio station interviewed several HS coaches in the area asking them about it this week. Though they framed their responses very carefully you could tell what they were saying. The fall out from their lack of offense is starting to get into recruits' minds and their decision making process. They're still getting good players and will still get good players. But LA recruits are having no problem looking elsewhere. Specifically the northern part of Louisiana. Les better start making some changes or the ground swell that has started might bubble over. I have one pretty decent connection down in Baton Rouge and he said there are definitely rumblings on the recruiting trail about it. And some have even gone as far as to tell Les about it. Now whether he does something about it or not, who knows? Les is an odd stubborn soul.

I'll also add this that will confirm some of the rumors floating around. Money wasn't the only reason why Chavis left.

Last edited:

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
He now has Raw Raw Football and a Bama guy on the defensive staff, so they will be eating grass and ripping off shirts and gettin' fired up. Their offense will only need to score ten to fourteen points a game to win the national title next year. Yeehaw!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Oh it's being talked about. You're talking about four players. It's become such an issue that some recruits are starting to bring up the offensive ineptness enough (in recruiting) that our local sports talk radio station interviewed several HS coaches in the area asking them about it this week. Though they framed their responses very carefully you could tell what they were saying. The fall out from their lack of offense is starting to get into recruits' minds and their decision making process. They're still getting good players and will still get good players. But LA recruits are having no problem looking elsewhere. Specifically the northern part of Louisiana. Les better start making some changes or the ground swell that has started might bubble over. I have one pretty decent connection down in Baton Rouge and he said there are definitely rumblings on the recruiting trail about it. And some have even gone as far as to tell Les about it. Now whether he does something about it or not, who knows? Les is an odd stubborn soul.

I'll also add this that will confirm some of the rumors floating around. Money wasn't the only reason why Chavis left.
I notice from reading their boards that a lot of their fans are beginning to notice - and comment on - their five stars leaving the state...

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
Looks to me whoever it is that takes over for Les in a couple, three years from now is going to inherit a loaded team!! ;)

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999
Do most learned individuals here expect Harris to play more than on special teams next year? Even with Yeldon gone having Henry, Jones, Tenpenny, and Scarbrough is a loaded backfield. I suppose we don't yet know if Tenpenny will be back as many are speculating he might transfer. Is Flowers expected to play RB or a combo position?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Do most learned individuals here expect Harris to play more than on special teams next year? Even with Yeldon gone having Henry, Jones, Tenpenny, and Scarbrough is a loaded backfield. I suppose we don't yet know if Tenpenny will be back as many are speculating he might transfer. Is Flowers expected to play RB or a combo position?
You forgot Drake in your list of RBs.

I've read Flowers will be used more of a H-back. If that is the case, I would expect he has to bulk up and will redshirt. The way things have played out in recent years, I won't say Damien Harris is destined for a redshirt or limited special teams play. He very well could play a significant role.

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999
You forgot Drake in your list of RBs.
I did indeed. Drake may very well heal up and play next year but I tend to be skeptical he will be the same player if he comes back. His game was the change of pace back and was super quick. Does his injury affect his quickness? I hope not. Harris and TJones seem to have similar running styles and builds. I like that they can run inside and outside. Perhaps they are the future duo that will cause many headaches. Probably not in '15 but in '16.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I did indeed. Drake may very well heal up and play next year but I tend to be skeptical he will be the same player if he comes back. His game was the change of pace back and was super quick. Does his injury affect his quickness? I hope not. Harris and TJones seem to have similar running styles and builds. I like that they can run inside and outside. Perhaps they are the future duo that will cause many headaches. Probably not in '15 but in '16.
He's supposed to be able to run now. If he's limited, it will be the ankle ligaments causing a loss of his cutting ability, his strong suite. They won't really know that from straight line running...

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
With news of Altee Tenpenny transferring, I'm very happy we landed Mr. Harris. Looks as if he could make an immediate impact.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.