Dismissed UGA / JUCO DL Jonathan Taylor Enrolls at Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Re: Dismissed UGA football player to take official visit to Alabama

Whatever happens is going to happen, but "don't judge him on his past?" What am I supposed to judge him on? that's just dumb.
:biggrin:

I guess we give the kid a clean slate and let CNS deal with him if he steps out of line........

Bamabirdie

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2013
Sunny South Florida

Will he have two or three years of eligibility remaining?
looks like he was only at JUCO for one season.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Will he have two or three years of eligibility remaining?
looks like he was only at JUCO for one season.
He will have two calendar years to exhaust his two remaining years of collegiate eligibility. His prior history is as follows:

2012: Redshirted at UGA
2013: Played in 10 games for UGA
2014: Played at Copiah-Lincoln CC

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: Dismissed UGA / JUCO DL Jonathan Taylor Set to Enroll at Alabama

And in case anyone was wondering, Taylor has officially enrolled at Alabama, per the release from UA.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

probably 1 and done if he plays well this year.
He will have two calendar years to exhaust his two remaining years of collegiate eligibility. His prior history is as follows:

2012: Redshirted at UGA
2013: Played in 10 games for UGA
2014: Played at Copiah-Lincoln CC

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Can't say I'm a fan of this at all. Taylor has a lot of off-field baggage, has already had multiple chances, and, frankly, I don't think he's nearly good enough as a prospect to justify taking on this kind of risk/exposure. I thought it was strange enough for Pettway, who at least was one of our own, but for someone else's problem? No clue here.

As with all things, though, I'll defer to the boss. He's firmly behind this decision and was a driving force in making it happen. With what he's done since he showed up in 2007 -- both on and off the field -- I'll sit down and shut up.
I agree with everything you said, but like you, I don't have to like it. The situation with DJ was a little different I thought because he was one of our own. DJ, to my knowledge, had never been in any other trouble either. This guy seems to have had numerous issues and it seems like a risk that he will act like he should.

At this point, I just hope CNS is right about him, and it makes him a better person here and after he's gone. That would be a success, as much as I dislike the idea of it now.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
""There's always a lot of criticism out there when somebody does something wrong, everybody wants to know how you're going to punish the guy," Saban said. "There's not enough for 19- and 20-year-old kids, people out there saying, 'Why don't you give them another chance?'
"Where do you want them to be? Guy makes a mistake. Where do you want them to be? You want him to be in the street or do you want them to be here graduating?""

-CNS

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Do NOT agree with this. It gives the impression, if you can play football, we will overlook your behavior. If my son does this (who doesn't play football) is he given a second chance?

Tider6972

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 21, 2000
Montgomery, Al USA
Terrible move. Saban and Battle both need to know The University is above this kind of soul-selling.

The guy has had multiple 'second chances'

Saban seems to have all he can handle without this added, non-Bama-like move.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Do NOT agree with this. It gives the impression, if you can play football, we will overlook your behavior. If my son does this (who doesn't play football) is he given a second chance?
With the legal system the answer would be yes. The system will attempt to rehabilitate first, punish second.

BHamita15

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 18, 2008
People need to chill out on the Saban criticism on this. What would a guy like Rolando McClain have done with his life had Saban not been involved? What has Saban ever done that fans would feel the need to question him on this?

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
With the legal system the answer would be yes. The system will attempt to rehabilitate first, punish second.
Their attempt at "rehabilitation" was the diversion program for his first criminal offense of fraud with the meals. He forfeited that opportunity by (allegedly) beating his girlfriend so now he gets to face both sets of charges.

ETA: The courts still have not had their say. So there's still that possibility he's facing some jail time depending how that felony charge shakes out.

Last edited:

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Everyone needs to get off of their high horse on this one. Saban believes in 2nd chances- but not 3rd or 4th. Read on Tide Sports he has stipulations- anger management classes and volunteering some in battered women shelters. He will be on a short rope. A little more trust in Saban is probably warranted. We do not know exactly the circumstances of his situation.
Terrible move. Saban and Battle both need to know The University is above this kind of soul-selling.

The guy has had multiple 'second chances'

Saban seems to have all he can handle without this added, non-Bama-like move.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Everyone needs to get off of their high horse on this one. Saban believes in 2nd chances- but not 3rd or 4th. Read on Tide Sports he has stipulations- anger management classes and volunteering some in battered women shelters. He will be on a short rope. A little more trust in Saban is probably warranted. We do not know exactly the circumstances of his situation.
people don't think the staff and everyone involved been researching this for months and doing everything they are suppose too. High horses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.