Allen HS 3-peats, with aTm recruit, Kyler Murray - Page 2
Dislike Dislike:  0 Roll Tide! Roll Tide!:  0 Ha Ha! Ha Ha!:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation First Team lazlohollyfeld's Avatar

Re: Allen HS 3-peats, with aTm recruit, Kyler Murray

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    I think California also has more than one champion for each classification due to its size.

How can they have more than one JV or freshman team? Do they have separate rosters or do some people play on both teams? Do they ever play each other?

I think I went to a high school wrestling tournament at Allen a couple summers ago. It was a really huge school somewhere north (I think) of Dallas. We stayed at a hotel near the NASCAR track.
    Allen is north of Dallas, but on the east side of the metroplex. The track is on the west side of the metroplex and is north of Fort Worth.

There are a lot of high schools around here with multiple JV and freshmen teams. I do know that when they play a school that only has one JV team, one Allen JV team will play that school, and the other team will play another school. And yes, it does get confusing sometimes. But is some cases there is another reason for that. Plano, the town just to the south of Allen is in the same conference. Plano uses a High School that is 9-10 and Senior High's that are 11-12. And there are six high schools that feed into the 3 Senior Highs. Naturally the high schools field JV and freshmen teams and the Senior high fields the varsity team. So sometimes there are multiple schools to play on a given week.

Texas does 2 divisions for 1A through 6A with a champion each. Then there are 3 divisions of private and parochial school champions and 3 divisions of 6-man champions.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

Re: Allen HS 3-peats, with aTm recruit, Kyler Murray

Quote Originally Posted by lazlohollyfeld View Post
    Allen is north of Dallas, but on the east side of the metroplex. The track is on the west side of the metroplex and is north of Fort Worth.

There are a lot of high schools around here with multiple JV and freshmen teams. I do know that when they play a school that only has one JV team, one Allen JV team will play that school, and the other team will play another school. And yes, it does get confusing sometimes. But is some cases there is another reason for that. Plano, the town just to the south of Allen is in the same conference. Plano uses a High School that is 9-10 and Senior High's that are 11-12. And there are six high schools that feed into the 3 Senior Highs. Naturally the high schools field JV and freshmen teams and the Senior high fields the varsity team. So sometimes there are multiple schools to play on a given week.

Texas does 2 divisions for 1A through 6A with a champion each. Then there are 3 divisions of private and parochial school champions and 3 divisions of 6-man champions.
    Cinco Ranch, like most Katy schools has:

2 freshman teams, 1 sophomore, 1 JV & 1 varsity.

It's not unusual for the junior highs to have 4 teams for each of 7th & 8th grade.