Better Call Saul

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think the ending was sorta of a letdown

I just don’t see it as true to the character. Yes everyone wants a redemption story over a bullet to the head realism but I just don’t see Saul as allowing himself to lose. That really is the appeal to his character. Maybe I just prefer the Breaking bad ending of everyone loses something without sacrificing their whole self but it just seems too out of character for Saul/Jimmy to practically end his life even for Kim. I think Gillian has balked twice with endings now.

Reactions: Bamaro

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Full circle. Jimmy and Kim re-united. And rightly so.

Turns out this adventure has been a love story all along.

At the end we see Jimmy go against everything Saul ever represented. Because of his love for Kim.

I don't know how it could have had a better ending than this.

My only nit is the last segment with the actors thanking us fans. I think that should have been done in either an ad or different platform - at the very least not right after the ending of a six year series with an ending I was still processing. The last thing I want is something to remind me this is just a TV show with actors and actresses. Let me please savor the finale without interruption - do that part some other time.

better-call-saul-season-2-bob-odenkirk-rhea-seehorn.jpg

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Disappointing ending. Big letdown. Illogical. Kim will probably go back to Fla, never to be seen by Jimmy again. Year 8 he will be banging his head on the wall screaming "WHY?"

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Walt: and that's why me not staying at gray matter was My biggest regret
Saul: oh
*beat*
Saul: I would have thought your biggest regret would have been hiring the Neo Nazis that murdered your brother-in-law yesterday.
Walt: Probably should have led with that.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Full circle. Jimmy and Kim re-united. And rightly so.

Turns out this adventure has been a love story all along.

At the end we see Jimmy go against everything Saul ever represented. Because of his love for Kim.

I don't know how it could have had a better ending than this.

My only nit is the last segment with the actors thanking us fans. I think that should have been done in either an ad or different platform - at the very least not right after the ending of a six year series with an ending I was still processing. The last thing I want is something to remind me this is just a TV show with actors and actresses. Let me please savor the finale without interruption - do that part some other time.

View attachment 27598
I liked it. I think prison is the only place Jimmy could have found any peace.

Reactions: Bazza

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.