Better Call Saul

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I looked for Odenkirk at the Saturday Night Live reunion, but didn't see him during the part that I watched. I think he and Conan were writers there at the same time.
He was on there. He made a comment along the lines of "Before I was a star in the one episode show Better Call Saul, I was a writer on SNL."

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I looked for Odenkirk at the Saturday Night Live reunion, but didn't see him during the part that I watched. I think he and Conan were writers there at the same time.

Bob Odenkirk, Dave Reynolds, Robert Smigel, Conan O’Brien, Andy Richter, Marsh McCall, Louis CK, Dino Stamatopoulos, and Michael Gordon.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I'm still diggin' the show. Tonight's episode was pretty good. Especially like the segments at the beginning that reveal the 'early' Saul.

Notice how they are developing his character each episode. Tonight it was...the Rolex....the billboard...he's always got some angle going! Good stuff!

We'll see what happens as we move along but for now I'm liking this show more than TWD.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
I'm with yall. Wasn't expecting much to begin with - I just couldn't see a spin-off about Saul being great, especially with the bar being set SO high with BB - but I've been very pleasantly surprised.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I don't understand why so many had such low expectations, the Saul episodes on BB where all classics. My expectations were sky high and being met

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Agreed Brad. I too originally thought it would fail, but how can it if you've watched so far? I mean like everyone else here agrees with this has been very good so far. The buddy ripoff in the alley even had my old man confused last night, I had to explain it to him.....haha

Sent from my LG G2 4GLTE via Verizon

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Agreed Brad. I too originally thought it would fail, but how can it if you've watched so far? I mean like everyone else here agrees with this has been very good so far. The buddy ripoff in the alley even had my old man confused last night, I had to explain it to him.....haha

the one thing that confused me about that scene was that one guy had $585 cash on him. who the hell keeps that much cash on them?

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
You would be surprised😄

I know plenty of people who cash their paychecks and for whom depositing is a completely foreign concept. Mostly when I worked construction. They tend to be the type that ask for a few bucks in the days before payday then party their butts off in the few days after. Guys like Jimmy would know exactly the types of places to hang out and prey on guys like this

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I know plenty of people who cash their paychecks and for whom depositing is a completely foreign concept. Mostly when I worked construction. They tend to be the type that ask for a few bucks in the days before payday then party their butts off in the few days after. Guys like Jimmy would know exactly the types of places to hang out and prey on guys like this
Yep when I was 21 I was in South Florida after I just made lineman and was pulling in over $1,500 a week and of course I still lived here in Dega. We would cash our checks down there at the check cashing places (would cost me about $120 per check) and I would go to work with at LEAST that much in my pocket every day. You would think I was a gangster walking around like that. These days I'm not as dumb and thank God for direct deposit:biggrin:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
While interested in learning more about Chuck, the last 5 minutes of the show really got me curious. I suspect we learn more about Mike's past in next few weeks.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.