Better Call Saul

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I forgot all about it too, but like Brad said thank God for DVR:biggrin:

Another great show IMHO. I love how Saul is getting all the wackos now that he got on t.v.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Great article - thanks Jon.

Love this part:

Later in the Hummel figurine scene, after Jimmy’s client completes her 86-second journey to the sofa, she resumes her inordinately complex discussion of who will get which tchotchkes after she dies. “No matter what, I want the towheaded twins to go to Reverend Lawrence’s grandson,” she says. Jimmy immediately pushes back: “Don’t you mean Reverend Hanes? Lawrence’s grandson is going to get the lute-playing angel, because he was in the choir.” The scene pivots on this exchange. Until now, we have assumed that Jimmy is bored and maybe a bit disdainful, which is probably true. But he has also maintained his focus to such an extent that he knows this woman’s cockamamie estate plans even better than she does. Jimmy doesn’t succumb to the boredom, he overcomes it.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Ha...I noticed that too....great song.

Now for brownie points....what was that second song?
38 Special - Hang On Loosely

Throughout BB they used songs where a verse or two would apply to what was happening on screen. I couldn't figure out if there was anything like that for It Came Out of the Sky. Maybe a little for Hang On Loosely.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
38 Special - Hang On Loosely

Throughout BB they used songs where a verse or two would apply to what was happening on screen. I couldn't figure out if there was anything like that for It Came Out of the Sky. Maybe a little for Hang On Loosely.
Correct - very good Bamaro! 579 would have also gotten it, I'm sure.

38 Special - even the name of the band was a perfect fit for that scene.

Regarding BB - the ultimate song used was the final scene....

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Correct - very good Bamaro! 579 would have also gotten it, I'm sure.

38 Special - even the name of the band was a perfect fit for that scene.

Regarding BB - the ultimate song used was the final scene....

That was good. I'm surprised that they never used this one:

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Just got around to watching this week's episode - LOVED it. Nice getting Mike's backstory, and it was really wall done.

Man, I dig this show...

MegaVars

All-American
Nov 17, 2002
Warrior, AL.
38 Special - Hold On Loosely

Hold On Lossely- .38 Special.
Mike killed the two cops with a .38 special... least that's the dots I connected. :)

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The last 5 minutes of last night's episode gave a good preview of Mike's early days in New Mexico. Look forward to the last two episodes of the season.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I liked last nights episode and how it all came together. Especially with him stumbling on the retirement home scandal, and promising his brother the shredded paper was gotten legally as his brother still doesn't trust him. Then his brother scared to say anything until Saul needed him most when he dropped the $20 million figure. RICO act on a retirement home, who would've thought?

Am I thinking right in that Mike finds Gus via a Vet?:biggrin:

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
It will be interesting to see what transpires to change Jimmy into Saul. I dont see this assisted living case ending well. Still wondering how Kim fits into all of this.:conf2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.