Better Call Saul

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
It will be interesting to see what transpires to change Jimmy into Saul. I dont see this assisted living case ending well. Still wondering how Kim fits into all of this.:conf2:
easy

my theory

Scumbag attorney Hamlin uses the partnership agreement and the fact that Chuck is using HHM resources to force Jimmy out of the Lawsuit with the old folks homes. Kimmy protests at first (as does Chuck) but ultimately is given an ultimatum by Hamlin, "disassociate completely from Jimmy, help us get him to agree to a fee to walk from the case and you'll make partner, keep hanging with him and you'll be lucky to go back to the mail room". Kim will help HHM and ultimately betray Jimmy to do it, severing their relationship. I can't figure how Chuck will handle this, he is getting stronger but has been shown to crack easily in the past. I think HHM presses him so far that he get's committed to an asylum or dies.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I've got a bad feeling Chuck (or Hamlin, via loophole) is about to screw Saul over big time...

ETA, shouda read before posting, Jon posted about the same thing.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Shoot......I missed it last night! Guess I'll have 2 in a row next week to watch.

No DVR but I've been thinking about getting one...
AMC.com has full episodes free for streaming, only show the latest 3-4 and only for 30 days. Should be there

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I've got a bad feeling Chuck (or Hamlin, via loophole) is about to screw Saul over big time...

ETA, shouda read before posting, Jon posted about the same thing.
I'm thinking there is no way Chuck lives to see Jimmy becoming Saul. Just don't think Slipping Jimmy would become Saul Goodman with Chuck around. Not sure how they play it but the more I think it through the more I convince myself it is inevitable

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
AMC.com has full episodes free for streaming, only show the latest 3-4 and only for 30 days. Should be there
Thanks, Jon.

I went there right before I posted and for some reason couldn't get the video to play. It accepted my user and password for my cable provider and everything. Weird!

I'll try again later. Cheers!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'm thinking there is no way Chuck lives to see Jimmy becoming Saul. Just don't think Slipping Jimmy would become Saul Goodman with Chuck around. Not sure how they play it but the more I think it through the more I convince myself it is inevitable
That's a good point, and I've changed my mind - I think you're right. I bet this case is what kills Chuck somehow and makes Jimmy start down that path.

The real question is how long is it before he becomes Saul? Is it in season 1? I suspect the last episode will be Jimmy in the process of that change, but have no idea...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Thanks, Jon.

I went there right before I posted and for some reason couldn't get the video to play. It accepted my user and password for my cable provider and everything. Weird!

I'll try again later. Cheers!
I have all the episodes save on my DVR, just come over. It's not that far to Memphis...

:biggrin:

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Your story arch makes sense. Storng chance it works out this way or similarly.

Really like how this has the quirkiness of Breaking Bad with a bit less outright menace. This show is gonna require multiple viewings, too. Thank goodness it warrants it, at least so far.

Other stuff from this episode: Hydrox . . .Loved that bit of random wackiness as a prop.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I agree, Saul gets pushed out somehow and whatever results from this mess causes Chuck to do something bad to himself which causes Jimmy to change over to Saul. I just don't see Chuck being alive either to see the change over, even though he did mention to Saul that he should change his name because Hamlin wanted it done. But I just don't see Chuck living much longer. Something will happen.

I also believe Saul's woman will eventually snub him (possibly during or after this case) and cause their relationship to sour.

I love seeing Mike's background as well in all of this. Looks like he is about to get hooked up with either some thugs or Gus coming up. Who would have thought a vet would have so many ties to crime in Albuquerque? LOL

Sent from my LG G2 4GLTE via Verizon

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
That's a good point, and I've changed my mind - I think you're right. I bet this case is what kills Chuck somehow and makes Jimmy start down that path.

The real question is how long is it before he becomes Saul? Is it in season 1? I suspect the last episode will be Jimmy in the process of that change, but have no idea...
I'm think he will be Jimmy until at least a while after the class action suit blows up on him.
I'm guessing that Vince G. is expecting BCS to last 5 seasons like BB did. I'm hoping that he uses the last season to flash forward and pick up where BB left off. Jessie will still be out there, Skylar will still be out there, obviously Saul will still be out there and the 500lb gorilla in the room will be the $70,000,000 still out there somewhere.

Forgot to mention, we dont really know for sure that Walter died.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Well I watched two 'new' episodes in a row tonight and got my fix!

Next week is the season finale I guess.

Pretty interesting storyline. Chuck really cares about his brother Jimmy but apparently stops short of allowing him into a prestigious firm alongside of him.

Although I figured Chuck was calling Howard the night before, I didn't see that coming - but it explains why Howard was so adamant about letting Jimmy in.

I loved Kim Wexler's performance - she's not only hawt but also very loyal to her "friend".

And lastly Mike's segment - the drug deal protection job. Man that was really sweet - and a bit of homage to BB. The way he took down that dude with all the guns...lol.....

I feel bad for Jimmy but he'll pull through one way or another. He's got a pretty good head on his shoulders. next week will be very interesting.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I was expecting Chuck to be maneuvered out of the storyline by getting electrocuted while reattaching the cut electrical lines in his house. Looks like Jimmy may have just done it a different way.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
Better Call Saul has the potential to be as good as or better than Breaking Bad . . A tough thing to do. It is a more plausible concept and setup than a meth cooking science teacher.

Would be curious to know if McKean is signed on for more than one season; it would tell us lots about Chucks' future. :wink:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Better Call Saul has the potential to be as good as or better than Breaking Bad . . A tough thing to do. It is a more plausible concept and setup than a meth cooking science teacher.

Would be curious to know if McKean is signed on for more than one season; it would tell us lots about Chucks' future. :wink:
It's good to see McKean again on TV. He's been great in everything he's done since he first appeared in Laverne and Shirley.

I loved the part last night when he sits there during the entire time they are discussing Sandpiper and then at the very end he says "20 million." Classic!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
It's good to see McKean again on TV. He's been great in everything he's done since he first appeared in Laverne and Shirley.

I loved the part last night when he sits there during the entire time they are discussing Sandpiper and then at the very end he says "20 million." Classic!
Bazza that was last week wasn't it? I don't remember them discussing the 20 mill last night but I was kind of busy during this episode and wasn't fully in it even though it was good.

bama579 I too think this has a chance to be better. Will be hard, but it seems the dull episodes are better than the dull ones in BB.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
Bazza that was last week wasn't it? I don't remember them discussing the 20 mill last night but I was kind of busy during this episode and wasn't fully in it even though it was good.

bama579 I too think this has a chance to be better. Will be hard, but it seems the dull episodes are better than the dull ones in BB.
There were dull episodes in Breaking Bad? :wink: Seriously, though, even the BBs with less action had strong writing and were setting up the future . . or maybe the past. Time was frequently elastic in BB. Same sort of thing going on with BCS.

Too early to call a favorite episode for the season? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Better_Call_Saul
I'm going with #6, mainly because of the way it fills out the Mike E character.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011

Could be barehand.... since I watched the last two episodes in a row last night...the whole Sandpiper story kinda blends into just one night for me. :)

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.