Better Call Saul

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Any of the Breaking Bad junkies (like myself) going to watch Saul? I can't wait to watch it and hope it's half as good as BB even though I don't expect it to be near as good as BB (not many are). I think this show has tons of potential though.

Thoughts? I think it comes on the 8th and 9th right?

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I'll definitely check it out. I've been rewatching Breaking Bad for the 2nd time on Netflix. Just as good the 2nd time.
I just accomplished that feat myself a few weeks ago. I picked up a lot of things I missed the first go around even though I was late to the BB viewing party and I can't believe I was that dumb.

I think it will be pretty neat we see some of those dead and gone from BB show up on BCS. I think this can be pretty funny and serious. Just hope it doesn't bomb though.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Yah, BCS is a 'prequel'. In fact, in the beginning, 'Saul' will be going by his real name, before he took on 'Saul Goodman'.

Some critics who have seethe first two episodes are saying it's better than the first few episodes of BB...

Time will tell, but the DVR is definitely set to record these.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
been a fan of Bob Odenkirk since he was on the Ben Stiller show on MTV in the early 90's, guy is a comedy genius and it's nice to see the rest of the world catching on

Can't wait for Saul

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
I find it a daunting challenge to match Breaking Bad's awesomeness. That said, I would watch it. But now that football season is over, we eliminated our cable.
If it's worth watching, I'll catch up later.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I loved Breaking Bad. Saul was a great character on that show.

But I just can't get excited at the prospect of learning that character's back story.

I'll be interested to see what folks think. I may change my mind on watching it folks rave about it.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I thought last night was great. Can't wait for tonight's episode as well. I was scared we would be thinking too highly of this show and yet I was still pleased. The directing reminds you of Breaking Bad yet it's a different set of characters (I know Vince created this as well) and makes you feel like we still have BB but just in different times.

As for tonight, I think Tuco already killed the skating brothers:biggrin:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I thought the first 40 minutes or so were pretty slow and pretty dang depressing. Very little relief in the writing. The last half-isn hour was more on par with what I had really hoped to see, and I suspect tonight's episode will be very good.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I thought the first 40 minutes or so were pretty slow and pretty dang depressing. Very little relief in the writing. The last half-isn hour was more on par with what I had really hoped to see, and I suspect tonight's episode will be very good.
Yea it did drag some at the beginning but ended very very well. My Dad just watched it and said the same thing but he is still trying to remember all the characters as he watched BB in bits but doesn't remember Tuco. Tonight should start off good and hopefully end good:biggrin2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.