Better Call Saul

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
This tune is 50 yrs old?! . . . . "Sugartown"

a bit of backstory
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_Town

Nonetheless, “Sugar Town was an LSD song if there ever was one,” Hazlewood recalled in an interview, pointing to the line “...Now I just lay back and laugh at the sun.” Hazlewood elaborated:
“ I was in a folk club in LA which had two levels. I could see these kids lining up sugar cubes and they had an eye-dropper and were putting something on them. I wasn’t a doper so I didn’t know what it was but I asked them. It was LSD and one of the kids said, 'You know, it’s kinda Sugar Town.' Nancy knew what the song was about because I told her, but luckily Reprise didn’t.

the tune
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc8Fbf-7skM

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
My DVR is set to record it but thank you - I forget EVERY WEEK, hahaha...
You're preaching to the choir! I missed last weeks so am watching the rerun now.

I have a theory of why the guy in Gus's chicken joint didn't transfer what was in the sack. I think Gus was watching and noticed Jimmy watching - and they had a predetermined signal to call it off if there was anything suspicious going on. Something having to do with Gus coming over with his broom and dust pan. Guess we'll find out at some point....

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I have a theory of why the guy in Gus's chicken joint didn't transfer what was in the sack. I think Gus was watching and noticed Jimmy watching - and they had a predetermined signal to call it off if there was anything suspicious going on.
I'm 100% certain that's what happened. Jimmy was completely obvious - far too much so for Gus...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.