Stoops reinstates Joe Mixon

He started to throw almost before her push even landed but the angle was off so he dropped it. To my eyes it looked like he was going to strike her whether she followed up with her attempted slap or not.

I agree that women almost feel like they can get away with anything in these situations (which leads me to think of the Bill Burr bit about no reason to hit a woman) and it leads them to overstep their bounds and sometimes with the wrong guy it comes back to bite them. But that doesn't mean it is the appropriate response. Mixed martial artists have gotten stronger penalties in similar situations when fighting guys because they can do more damage. The same would seem to apply here. While there are women that can do some serious damage to guys this girl didn't really come off as having that ability.
It wasn't the appropriate response from Mixon. He was walking off and he should have kept walking. She said something and he doubled back. Regardless, she pushed then punched him before he didn't anything. He let the push go though he wanted to hit her then, but when the punch from her landed it caused the inappropriate reaction. What I am doing is asking the question of why did she think striking someone else was ok?

I agree with you guys on his reaction.

[emoji208]Sent from my iPhone [emoji336]using Tapatalk Pro

Had it been 2 adult men I doubt the coward would have the same reaction.
So, you call him a coward and I agree. What do you call her then?

You don't know if he would have a different reaction. Remember, this is someone small and couldn't hit hard as him. The same thing would apply to the person if it was a man.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
So, you call him a coward and I agree. What do you call her then?

You don't know if he would have a different reaction. Remember, this is someone small and couldn't hit hard as him. The same thing would apply to the person if it was a man.

I've known many like him. They are real macho with women but won't fight a man because they are affraid.

centerstar

2nd Team
Nov 4, 2011
I'm still surprised none of you think it might be relevant what he said when he walked up. Whatever it was, it's clear that's why she hit him. There are things that, if I said them to a lady, I'd expect her to smack me. And I'd back up my wife or my daughters if they did. Things that might even get Mixon a citation, even if nothing else happened.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I'm still surprised none of you think it might be relevant what he said when he walked up. Whatever it was, it's clear that's why she hit him. There are things that, if I said them to a lady, I'd expect her to smack me. And I'd back up my wife or my daughters if they did. Things that might even get Mixon a citation, even if nothing else happened.

So, are you saying it's ok for someone to hit another person based on what someone said?

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Because I question something? Sad if you think that way.

Not the fact you question something, you have a sad point of view in my opinion. He approached her, obviously said something he shouldn't that angered her and when she lashed out he decked her. There wasn't any men there or he'd have to fight his way out. Thug life.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

Yep, he approached her, not the other way around.

Not the fact you question something, you have a sad point of view in my opinion. He approached her, obviously said something he shouldn't that angered her and when she lashed out he decked her. There wasn't any men there or he'd have to fight his way out. Thug life.
So, it's ok for someone to lash out irrationally now because it's a woman. That's my point in this.

centerstar

2nd Team
Nov 4, 2011
So, it's ok for someone to lash out irrationally now because it's a woman. That's my point in this.

No it's not, but are you sure it was irrational? That was my point about what he said. Depending on what he said, it may have been perfectly rational. Still illegal, but rational.

No it's not, but are you sure it was irrational? That was my point about what he said. Depending on what he said, it may have been perfectly rational. Still illegal, but rational.

Yeah, we don't know all the factors nor what was said during or leading up to it. Alcohol could be involved too.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
True story in the city I live in a guy hit a girl. He thought it was all over and went home. Her brother and dad came to his house and that guy is now in a wheel chair. Not saying Joe Mixon should be in a wheel chair but if it was my sister or my daughter....well.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
It wasn't the appropriate response from Mixon. He was walking off and he should have kept walking. She said something and he doubled back. Regardless, she pushed then punched him before he didn't anything. He let the push go though he wanted to hit her then, but when the punch from her landed it caused the inappropriate reaction. What I am doing is asking the question of why did she think striking someone else was ok?
Maybe splitting hairs but her hand was open, aka not a punch. Not saying that her striking someone is okay, that ties back into women often feeling like they can do that without consequences because in most cases it is true.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Yeah, we don't know all the factors nor what was said during or leading up to it. Alcohol could be involved too.
The way he was walking looked like an alcohol swagger a bit. And she did the little angry come here wave as soon as he walked in so clearly they had history.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
In the Army we have this methodology in combat known as Escalation of Force. Shout, show, shove, shoot (warning), shoot (kill). Along with that, it's critical that you only apply the amount of force needed, and no more than that. In my eyes, Mixon clearly violates both principles, which can apply to life as well. Did she shove him, slap him, say something really bad? Probably all of that - we see the first two - but his response is not measured. His violence is far excessive and cruel when one considers how much stronger he is...it sickens me to see what he did - and how he is allowed to just walk out.

In the Army we have this methodology in combat known as Escalation of Force. Shout, show, shove, shoot (warning), shoot (kill). Along with that, it's critical that you only apply the amount of force needed, and no more than that. In my eyes, Mixon clearly violates both principles, which can apply to life as well. Did she shove him, slap him, say something really bad? Probably all of that - we see the first two - but his response is not measured. His violence is far excessive and cruel when one considers how much stronger he is...it sickens me to see what he did - and how he is allowed to just walk out.
Thank you for your service fellow solider.

Do you agree with the bombing of Hiroshima after Pearl Harbor?

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Thank you for your service fellow solider.

Do you agree with the bombing of Hiroshima after Pearl Harbor?

Thanks.

Well, that's a significant event in history, a real game changer around the world. We didn't drop the bomb in response to Pearl Harbor - had we done that it would not have been an appropriate response. Bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki effectively brought Japan to its knees and avoided having to conduct a sea/air to ground invasion. Did it spare many US lives because of that, yes, but I could never in good conscience say I agree with an act as destructive as wiping out entire cities.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.