Stoops reinstates Joe Mixon

Thanks.

Well, that's a significant event in history, a real game changer around the world. We didn't drop the bomb in response to Pearl Harbor - had we done that it would not have been an appropriate response. Bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki effectively brought Japan to its knees and avoided having to conduct a sea/air to ground invasion. Did it spare many US lives because of that, yes, but I could never in good conscience say I agree with an act as destructive as wiping out entire cities.
Understood.

[emoji208]Sent from my iPhone [emoji336]using Tapatalk Pro

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
You can't assume anything.

[emoji208]Sent from my iPhone [emoji336]using Tapatalk Pro
I've spent enough time around college age young people to believe that almost any time a young person does something incredibly stupid, there's probably alcohol involved somewhere.
They call it "idiot oil" for a reason.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Hope this thing does not die. I hope a reporter asked them how would he feel if it were his sister that got punched. I am for firing the AD and Stoops after watching the video. http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...a-sooners-running-back-joe-mixon-assault-tape

I for one think this should be on the sports page. He is a player playing Aubarn in the Sugar bowl. Far be it from me to guess the mods here but its still about a football player who beat up a woman.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Sooners' Joe Mixon: 'It felt like a dude hit me'

University of Oklahoma tailback Joe Mixon told Norman police in 2014 that “it felt like a dude hit me” when Mia Molitor slapped him inside Pickleman’s Gourmet Café and that he punched her in reaction.

“I was so shocked,” Mixon said of being slapped.

New details of the infamous incident are revealed in a video of his interview with police three days after the July 25, 2014, punch inside the Campus Corner restaurant.

Mixon also said he heard a racial slur from Molitor’s male friend, but not from Molitor, and Mixon admitted that he responded with a homophobic slur at the male friend.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
If what I saw on the video is what he's saying "felt like a dude hit me" then he ain't ever been hit by a guy. However, I've known some women who hit like a man. But the lady in the video doesn't appear to be one of them.
i think its more that this falls into the realm of the "she was acting like a man so i treated her like a man" defense/justification.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I'm really surprised how many people out there say she deserved it. What if she would have died? Would she still have deserved it?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
so basically he's saying:

2.5 years ago there wasn't so much pressure about violence against women, so I thought this punishment was good enough. Now, yeah, I'd punt him straight out and avoid this news conference.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
so basically he's saying:

2.5 years ago there wasn't so much pressure about violence against women, so I thought this punishment was good enough. Now, yeah, I'd punt him straight out and avoid this news conference.
Ray Rice agrees with his statement. People didn't care about hitting women 2.5 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Just watched it. He got off WAY too easy. That in no way was like getting hit by a dude. She posed no threat to him. I'm also just as disappointed in the guys sitting there who let it happen and then let him walk away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
You know how we get those Net posts of "what Nick Saban says and what we think it means?"

Let me give you what Stoops said and what it DOES mean:

"2.5 years ago he was a potential star with the ability to deliver us to a national championship game/Big 12 title. Now he's not, but I've got all I need out of him, so I'll just sit here and say all the right things so you don't crucify me."

If Joe Mixon think that's what a dude hits like, he obviously has never played Alabama in a football game.

Oklahoma has their chance RIGHT NOW to get rid of Big Game Bob - justifiably.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.