Paper; Global Warming "The Biggest Science Scandal Ever"

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
He's not wrong. China, India and other developing/major polluting nations should be the ones that shoulder the burden, not us.
They are doing far more than the U.S., and we are willingly ceding the next frontier of energy research/investment/entrepreneurship to other nations because of a backwards-facing loyalty to coal. This has already been pointed out multiple times in this thread.

China cementing global dominance of renewable energy and technology

India Launches Massive Push for Clean Power, Lighting, and Cars

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I admit I didn't read all 51 pages, but from what I read not many are talking about the "manipulated" temps the whole mess is based on. If I remember my Jr. High science lessons on experiments correctly, one forms an hypothesis based on known facts or assumptions if facts do not exist, then conducts exercises to try and prove these facts and assumptions to be true or false.

If you start out with known incorrect data, your experiment is tainted, null and void, worthless. This is what the whole climate myth is based on. It's actually kind of funny when you think about it. This is the same theory used for most of the lefts talking points, inaccurate conclusions based on non factual data designed to scare people into voting or financing the liberal agenda.
that's not even close to being correct. but keep trying.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
I admit I didn't read all 51 pages, but from what I read not many are talking about the "manipulated" temps the whole mess is based on. If I remember my Jr. High science lessons on experiments correctly, one forms an hypothesis based on known facts or assumptions if facts do not exist, then conducts exercises to try and prove these facts and assumptions to be true or false.

If you start out with known incorrect data, your experiment is tainted, null and void, worthless. This is what the whole climate myth is based on. It's actually kind of funny when you think about it. This is the same theory used for most of the lefts talking points, inaccurate conclusions based on non factual data designed to scare people into voting or financing the liberal agenda.
I'll sum the 51 pages up for you.

There are those who say that global warming is irrefutable and on the brink of being irreversible and if we don't take drastic matters we are screwed.

There are those who think the temperature change is beyond our control and are buying beachfront property in Alaska.

There are those who think it's all hogwash.

That's the Cliff Notes version.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Claiming that refutes global warming makes as much sense as Inhofe bringing a snowball on the Senate floor.
Some people are so dug in on denial that they can't grasp that citing extreme swings in temperatures and weather for specific regions reinforces the scientific argument behind climate change rather than to refute it.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Some people are so dug in on denial that they can't grasp that citing extreme swings in temperatures and weather for specific regions reinforces the scientific argument behind climate change rather than to refute it.
Nuh-uh! Cause cold is opposite from warm!

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
They are doing far more than the U.S., and we are willingly ceding the next frontier of energy research/investment/entrepreneurship to other nations because of a backwards-facing loyalty to coal. This has already been pointed out multiple times in this thread.

China cementing global dominance of renewable energy and technology

India Launches Massive Push for Clean Power, Lighting, and Cars
You're twisting words. Trump said he got us out of the Paris Accords which would have cost us trillions in carbon credits. He did not say he was ending US research onto new technologies. Again, your disdain for him (and some of it is well founded) has blinded you when he saves the US from incurring even more debt. Research will continue in the US. Look at New Delhi and many Chinese cities. Their air quality is so bad people can't even go outside. We are continuing to move forward with solar and wind projects because it is cleaner and it's demanded by the consumers.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Part of the reason I think our DoD should stop projecting American power abroad and start shoring up the homefront....this land is a diamond in a world that has destroyed its ecosystem.
There are a lot of reasons why they should stop projecting power but yes, this is one of them.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
There are a lot of reasons why they should stop projecting power but yes, this is one of them.
Displaced, you seem to think Trump is coherent on topics with an overall gameplan. I think you are way overestimating him.
I also see you don't understand the reality of climate change, and I'm surprised by that.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Displaced, you seem to think Trump is coherent on topics with an overall gameplan. I think you are way overestimating him.
I also see you don't understand the reality of climate change, and I'm surprised by that.
I think Trump is a nut burger and needs to put down his phone in most cases. As for the reality "climate change" I do understand it and it starts with reducing population by about 3-4 billion people and ending the pollution that is associated with new industrial countries such as india and china who are the current leading polluters. This is not a US issue in the sense of pollution contol. China and India are now the leading contributers to greenhouse gases.

The last thing we need to do from a fiscal standpoint is continue to try and save the world...militarily or ecologically.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I think Trump is a nut burger and needs to put down his phone in most cases. As for the reality "climate change" I do understand it and it starts with reducing population by about 3-4 billion people and ending the pollution that is associated with new industrial countries such as india and china who are the current leading polluters. This is not a US issue in the sense of pollution contol. China and India are now the leading contributers to greenhouse gases.

The last thing we need to do from a fiscal standpoint is continue to try and save the world...militarily or ecologically.
We simply disagree.

Last edited:

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
You're twisting words. Trump said he got us out of the Paris Accords which would have cost us trillions in carbon credits. He did not say he was ending US research onto new technologies. Again, your disdain for him (and some of it is well founded) has blinded you when he saves the US from incurring even more debt. Research will continue in the US. Look at New Delhi and many Chinese cities. Their air quality is so bad people can't even go outside. We are continuing to move forward with solar and wind projects because it is cleaner and it's demanded by the consumers.
He cannot unilaterally destroy green energy funding, but he has gutted the Department of Energy's research funding, which supplied an enormous amount of federal investment in that sector. From your other posts, we simply disagree on the urgency of this issue and the need for U.S. federal funding in green research funding.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
He cannot unilaterally destroy green energy funding, but he has gutted the Department of Energy's research funding, which supplied an enormous amount of federal investment in that sector. From your other posts, we simply disagree on the urgency of this issue and the need for U.S. federal funding in green research funding.
He cannot or Congress, who establishes the budget cannot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.