Paper; Global Warming "The Biggest Science Scandal Ever" - Page 70
Page 70 of 88 FirstFirst ... 206063646566676869707172737475767780 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

Re: Paper; Global Warming "The Biggest Science Scandal Ever"

Quote Originally Posted by cuda.1973 View Post
    Seriously?
    Completely serious.

China, once the world's biggest polluter, is now the world's largest backer of green energy

In September 2016, China’s cancelled more than 103 under-construction and planned coal-fired power plants, a total of 120 gigawatt hours (GWh) of capacity. In March this year, premier Li Keqiang announced that an additional 50GWh would be shut down or postponed. The coal power stopped in China so far is equivalent to the combined coal power capacity of the UK and Spain. China’s era of one coal-fired station a week is over.

China is now the world’s largest backer of green energy, accounting for 17% of global investment in the sector.

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Better find a Breitbart link first.

Suspended

They realized once they nuke the US , it would not be colonizable due to radiation.

BamaNation Hall of Fame cuda.1973's Avatar

Get back to me, in around 10-20 years.

BTW, ever look into how "green" the manufacturing of solar panels is?
    As I say, we tried to remove the tusks. But they were embedded so firmly we couldn't budge them. Of course, in Alabama the Tuscaloosa, but that is entirely ir-elephant to what I was talking about.

Electric cars.................the salvation on mankind...............

Or not:

http://mitsloan.mit.edu/newsroom/art...gn=electriccar

To change that, we have to get the infrastructure around electric vehicles up to speed — and it is going to be a big job, Keith says. “We need charging of electric vehicles to be as easy as driving a gasoline vehicle today. That means building the actual charging stations themselves, and then having an electricity grid that can support this additional demand for electricity. If we want fast charging, that means we need to provide a lot of electricity, often in locations where the grid may not necessarily be built for it today. It also means having mechanics who know how to fix electric vehicles — building out the whole ecosystem is critical and that is going to take a long time.”
    Oh, I thought it was supposed to be easy......just plug it into the outlet..............</sarcasm>

Keith says that electric vehicles are a step in the right direction — they give off no emissions, so cities themselves will be cleaner. But he also points out that the energy we are using to charge our electric vehicles matter. If consumers are recharging their vehicles with coal or natural gas, the plants that provide that energy are still giving off emissions, it is just happening outside of cities. “Electric vehicles help, but in the long run, electric vehicles need clean electricity in order to maximize their environmental benefits.”

Really? Try telling that to a greenie.

"Oh, but we will just use solar!"

Ask them how much energy it takes to make one of those things. And how long they last.

Crickets.

"Then we will go to wind!"

So the other kook environmentalists go ballistic, when all the birds get hacked to bits.

The green revolution: still looking for the free lunch. I bet they even want "free electricity" for recharging.

"Right! Tax the rich! Make them pay for it."
    As I say, we tried to remove the tusks. But they were embedded so firmly we couldn't budge them. Of course, in Alabama the Tuscaloosa, but that is entirely ir-elephant to what I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by cuda.1973 View Post
    Electric cars.................the salvation on mankind...............

Or not:

http://mitsloan.mit.edu/newsroom/art...gn=electriccar

Oh, I thought it was supposed to be easy......just plug it into the outlet..............</sarcasm>

Really? Try telling that to a greenie.

"Oh, but we will just use solar!"

Ask them how much energy it takes to make one of those things. And how long they last.

Crickets.

"Then we will go to wind!"

So the other kook environmentalists go ballistic, when all the birds get hacked to bits.

The green revolution: still looking for the free lunch. I bet they even want "free electricity" for recharging.

"Right! Tax the rich! Make them pay for it."
    all of those things are fairly well known in the non-strawman universe
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

Right, like "tax the rich".

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

While the current power grid may have many inefficiencies, shifting to electricity generated from centralized sources offers huge advantages in terms of reducing pollution. It is far easier to control emissions for any given single power plant than trying to control emissions coming from a huge number of point sources (such as automobiles).

Any way you cut it. Electricity will form the foundation of our transportation systems for the future.
    Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post

"I'll be dead before any of the truly bad consequences are realized, so what do I care about slowing the rate of global warming?" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You have no idea what we will be able to do about it in the future.
    I have complete confidence in future capabilities, which is why I'm not an alarmist today.

Suspended

They realize that's where the profit will be in the near future, and we're actively handing that to them.
    Maybe so. Cough, cough. Or maybe the Chinese government realized that the ability to breathe effortlessly is critical to maintaining control of the populace.
    Last edited by Tide1986; August 8th, 2017 at 10:26 PM.

You have no idea what we will be able to do about it in the future.
    Hate to throw a wet blanket over your enthusiasm, but..............

News flash: you don't either!

Which is why I am firmly convinced that the "next big thing" that solves these problems has not even been envisioned yet, let alone invented.

Seen lots of "next big things" come and go, or be constantly hyped, for decades. Eventually, someone will come up with something.

Hopefully, they will get filthy rich, and the gubbament will not strangle it.

If I'm lucky, I'll live to see it. Probably not.

China is actually one of the world's leaders in the green revolution, and they are among the countries most eager to embrace clean energy. They realize that's where the profit will be in the near future, and we're actively handing that to them.
    Couldn't find this, the other day (senior citizen moment), but here is one reason why I said "get back to me in 10 to 20 years."

http://www.investors.com/politics/co...dont-go-green/

Go ahead................hate me! All my bosses did.

Funny thing is I always had a way to outlast them...............

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

The irony about all of this (regarding green energy) is that capitalism will force a solve. You just have to wait for it. It always creates a solution.

And yes, lobbies slow down certain types of progress, but that's okay too. Because then it allows the other side to create this huge media bias to counter the speed bump that Big Oil put in the way.

Ultimately it all works. No one is patient enough to wait.

And yes, at some point your "Al Gore's Perfect World" world will start to condemn "electric cars" and their damage to the Milky Way, as we keep sending tons of these expired batteries into space....

......only to alter the solar system's rate of speed....and then the "galactic green team" - based in Lee County, Sabanalabama (re-named in 2045 after his 25th Consecutive National Championship)

......the Galactic Green Team will see The Musk-Amazon Enterprise as Enemy #1....

Because we are killing the Solar System, we hate people who choose to travel in person vs virtual travel, and because the abundance of chickens erodes all of our natural resources because we stopped eating them decades ago.....

But after centuries of exploitation, their bodies still produce massive numbers of eggs daily, and through evolution, and the huge amount of hormones we added for decades have created........self-fertilized eggs.........

......which became necessary because all the roosters chose to identify as Hens, and struggled to be heard.

Now....With the abundance of chickens and our inability to kill any, for any reason......

......due to The Humanity Amendment (aka - the 72nd Amendment - signed by President Clinton Trump the 3rd...) This act has created a pool of fowl waste so thick, we have all been regulated to permanent indoor status.

And, it never ends. No matter what we do, we continually will kill the planet. It's almost like.....we want to kill it. And that's too bad. Too bad indeed.

If you find this message from the future....this may be your only warning. Drill Baby Drill.....may be our only hope for survival.

- Captain Erica Strawman, 4/1/2275

And this is my argument.....
    Last edited by CajunCrimson; August 11th, 2017 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Changed Eric to Erica to attempt to stabilize the pC balance of the post
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung