Paper; Global Warming "The Biggest Science Scandal Ever" - Page 86
Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 36767980818283848586
Results 1,106 to 1,112 of 1112
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: Paper; Global Warming "The Biggest Science Scandal Ever"

If - someone tells me (and can prove it with scientific evidence) that I’m going to die in five years unless I triple the money I pay in taxes ( and can prove using similar scientific evidence), which will guarantee me 25 more years of life, what would I do?
    I know what I’d do - but I also know more than a few “death before taxes” fruitcakes who would be dead in five years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar

When I'm thinking about trying to reason with someone, I like to ask a few general questions to get an idea whether trying to is something worth the effort.

Do you believe in evolution?

Do you believe in man induced climate change?

If I'm still looking for a yes, my third question is

Do you believe in gravity?

If I get less that two answered yes, I realize there's no use trying. Two out of three, maybe you can reach them but it's an uphill climb.

Fortunately, anthropogenic global warming/climate change ceased to be a scientific debate years ago. (hint - its caused by mankind)

Unfortunately, anthropogenic global warming/climate change continues to be a political debate.
    Last edited by Bamaro; December 6th, 2018 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chukker Veteran View Post
    When I'm thinking about trying to reason with someone, I like to ask a few general questions to get an idea whether trying to is something worth the effort.

Do you believe in evolution?

Do you believe in man induced climate change?

If I'm still looking for a yes, my third question is

Do you believe in gravity?

If I get less that two answered yes, I realize there's no use trying. Two out of three, maybe you can reach them but it's an uphill climb.
    over the years, i have developed a few filters that do a pretty good job of letting me know if i should take someone seriously or not.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    over the years, i have developed a few filters that do a pretty good job of letting me know if i should take someone seriously or not.
    More than e few...

The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

Even Trump should be able to understand this, but probably wont: (you can skip to 1:30)

BamaNation Hall of Fame

They not only smell bad...

https://apple.news/AqUmHeWdLTCCLj_QRrozmcw