Paper; Global Warming "The Biggest Science Scandal Ever"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
I didn't believe it early on because the message was politicized. An example of how politicians can get our society to ignore science simply by attaching the message to someone or something that we don't trust.
I was skeptical until I looked at a lot of raw data and read a number of (boring) technical papers. The media doesn’t help when they publish a study that has a +/- 2 degree range and they always publish average plus 2 or 3 sigma.

Reactions: B1GTide

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Reactions: seebell

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Every 26 and 100 thousand years or so the warming periods and ice ages cycle. So there may be fertile soil under the tundras. It is also thought that the ice ages are the norm rather than the exception.
It's not just a "thought," it's a geological fact. The present period is the "most recent interglacial." One theory with quite a few adherents is that each ice age is triggered by melting of the Greenland ice cap, such as is happening right now...

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It's not just a "thought," it's a geological fact. The present period is the "most recent interglacial." One theory with quite a few adherents is that each ice age is triggered by melting of the Greenland ice cap, such as is happening right now...
The understanding is that, once the Greenland ice has melted, the Gulf Stream flow will essentially cease to exist. This will cause the temperatures across Europe to plummet. This will start another ice age.

• Thank You
Reactions: Go Bama
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.