Paper; Global Warming "The Biggest Science Scandal Ever" - Page 88
Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 38788182838485868788
Results 1,132 to 1,137 of 1137
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar

Re: Paper; Global Warming "The Biggest Science Scandal Ever"

I am weary of this game:

"I'm for responsible gun laws, but the specific proposal would not have prevented this shooting..., so I can't support it."

"What's the point of shutting our coal plants when China has so many?"

"Sure, the ocean water quality is getting worse, but you can't point to a specific relaxing of any regulation to pin this on Trump."

When did common sense become a non-factor in so many people's thinking? I was raised to think you work to make things better, no matter how steep the climb. I'm not on board with this defeatist"s approach..."things are so bad what's the point of trying?"

Quote Originally Posted by Chukker Veteran View Post
    I am weary of this game:

"I'm for responsible gun laws, but the specific proposal would not have prevented this shooting..., so I can't support it."

"Sure, the ocean water quality is getting worse, but you can't point to a specific relaxing of any regulation to pin this on Trump."

When did common sense become a non-factor in so many people's thinking? I was raised to think you work to make things better, no matter how steep the climb. I'm not on board with this defeatist"s approach..."things are so bad what's the point of trying?"
    at least in part, this is due to decades of talk radio and fox news. but it started before that.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    at least in part, this is due to decades of talk radio and fox news. but it started before that.
    George Wallace was their pioneer breaking new ground railing against pointy-headed liberals. We are now seeing the next generation fall in line with that crap.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TexasBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chukker Veteran View Post
    I am weary of this game:

The reality is China and India are going in for renewable and nuclear in a huge way. While we're still chanting " drill,baby,drill". The US is 2nd to Saudi in per capita carbon emission, btw. I would guess a lot of the Saudi emissions is attributal to air conditioning and desalination.

interesting study review

https://qz.com/1069298/the-3-of-scie...d87431aa59f50d

It’s often said that of all the published scientific research on climate change, 97% of the papers conclude that global warming is real, problematic for the planet, and has been exacerbated by human activity.But what about those 3% of papers that reach contrary conclusions? Some skeptics have suggested that the authors of studies indicating that climate change is not real, not harmful, or not man-made are bravely standing up for the truth, like maverick thinkers of the past. (Galileo is often invoked, though his fellow scientists mostly agreed with his conclusions—it was church leaders who tried to suppress them.)
    Not so, according to a review published in the journal of Theoretical and Applied Climatology. The researchers tried to replicate the results of those 3% of papers—a common way to test scientific studies—and found biased, faulty results.
    Katharine Hayhoe, an atmospheric scientist at Texas Tech University, worked with a team of researchers to look at the 38 papers published in peer-reviewed journals in the last decade that denied anthropogenic global warming.
    “Every single one of those analyses had an error—in their assumptions, methodology, or analysis—that, when corrected, brought their results into line with the scientific consensus,” Hayhoe wrote in a Facebook post.
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon