Paper; Global Warming "The Biggest Science Scandal Ever"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ear...data-is-the-biggest-science-scandal-ever.html

When future generations look back on the global-warming scare of the past 30 years, nothing will shock them more than the extent to which the official temperature records – on which the entire panic ultimately rested – were systematically “adjusted” to show the Earth as having warmed much more than the actual data justified.

Two weeks ago, under the headline “How we are being tricked by flawed data on global warming”, I wrote about Paul Homewood, who, on his Notalotofpeopleknowthat blog, had checked the published temperature graphs for three weather stations in Paraguay against the temperatures that had originally been recorded. In each instance, the actual trend of 60 years of data had been dramatically reversed, so that a cooling trend was changed to one that showed a marked warming.

This was only the latest of many examples of a practice long recognised by expert observers around the world – one that raises an ever larger question mark over the entire official surface-temperature record.

Following my last article, Homewood checked a swathe of other South American weather stations around the original three. In each case he found the same suspicious one-way “adjustments”. First these were made by the US government’s Global Historical Climate Network (GHCN). They were then amplified by two of the main official surface records, the Goddard Institute for Space Studies (Giss) and the National Climate Data Center (NCDC), which use the warming trends to estimate temperatures across the vast regions of the Earth where no measurements are taken. Yet these are the very records on which scientists and politicians rely for their belief in “global warming”.

Of much more serious significance, however, is the way this wholesale manipulation of the official temperature record – for reasons GHCN and Giss have never plausibly explained – has become the real elephant in the room of the greatest and most costly scare the world has known. This really does begin to look like one of the greatest scientific scandals of all time.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Chris Booker, huh? Tells me all I needed to know. :D
Would you feel more warm and fuzzy if the article were authored by Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.?

Rather than attacking the author of this article, why not take on the claims that temperature data from GNCN and GISS was manipulated? I am sure there's a salon.com or Huffington Post article someplace that has some juicy made up counter claims to this.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Would you feel more warm and fuzzy if the article were authored by Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.?

Rather than attacking the author of this article, why not take on the claims that temperature data from GNCN and GISS was manipulated? I am sure there's a salon.com or Huffington Post article someplace that has some juicy made up counter claims to this.
Why bother? It'll just trigger another silly one of these never ending debates. :biggrin2:

Every satellite is frequently being adjusted. When this Paul Homewood has a problem with the datasets of two weather stations why is he not discussing this in the scientific literature, where such debates are supposed to take place?

This retired accountant cobbled some nonsense together and, like always, Booker and the denialist blogs are on the hook. Looks like you have found your big conspiracy.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Why bother? It'll just trigger another silly one of these never ending debates. :biggrin2:

Every satellite is frequently being adjusted. When this Paul Homewood has a problem with the datasets of two weather stations why is he not discussing this in the scientific literature, where such debates are supposed to take place?

This retired accountant cobbled some nonsense together and, like always, Booker and the denialist blogs are on the hook. Looks like you have found your big conspiracy.
It's actually hilarious and sad at the same time watching otherwise normal, rational people buy in to such a hoax.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
It's not just artic ice that's retreating. I've see first hand the Columbia glacier in Canada. Also in Patagonia the glaciers are retreating as they are in Glacier National Park.

I can't imagine why there would or could be a global conspiracy. It would be to complicated to co-ordinate.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
:rolleye2:

Hilarious and sad at the same time watching otherwise normal, rational people deny reality.
Well, the data has been manipulated and there have been e-mails uncovered that bear that out. There have been statements made by some in the scientific community that their grant continuation is based on the perpetuation of fraudulent data. So I'm not sure of this "reality" of which you speak.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
But a liberal barner. I'm a bit of an aberration. :biggrin:
Do you ever find it interesting that liberals have bought into climate change hook line and sinker, while conservatives overwhelmingly dismiss the entire thing as a hoax?

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Well, the data has been manipulated and there have been e-mails uncovered that bear that out. There have been statements made by some in the scientific community that their grant continuation is based on the perpetuation of fraudulent data. So I'm not sure of this "reality" of which you speak.
Climategate, eh? you do realize there were multiple investigations that uncovered no (as in none, nada, zilch) wrongdoing by any of the parties involved?

Or you could simply assume there's a conspiracy by the vast, vast, vast majority of the scientific community. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.