Paper; Global Warming "The Biggest Science Scandal Ever"

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
VJ and other deniers, you may want one of these

:biggrin2:
This is an absolutely terrific analogy. The rulers of the world then convinced most of the populace that the world was flat and intimidated any scientist who dared question this in great part to maintain control over the populace. The rulers of the world today have convinced many of the populace that there is global warming and have intimidated all scientists who dare to question this in great part to control the populace (and of course the monetary reasons). Again, great analogy. You are just not on the side you think you are ;)

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
This is an absolutely terrific analogy. The rulers of the world then convinced most of the populace that the world was flat and intimidated any scientist who dared question this in great part to maintain control over the populace. The rulers of the world today have convinced many of the populace that there is global warming and have intimidated all scientists who dare to question this in great part to control the populace (and of course the monetary reasons). Again, great analogy. You are just not on the side you think you are ;)

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I just have to point out that the bolded above is one of the most bogus myths in history. For one, medieval people did not all believe the world was flat. For two, how would this help you control the world?

That's like saying "the rulers of the world convinced most of the populace that insects spontaneously emerged from rotting food and persecuted anyone who dared to question it in order to maintain control over the populace".

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
There's no way the earth could flatten itself out like that in only 6000 years.

:rolleye2:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
I just have to point out that the bolded above is one of the most bogus myths in history. For one, medieval people did not all believe the world was flat. For two, how would this help you control the world?

That's like saying "the rulers of the world convinced most of the populace that insects spontaneously emerged from rotting food and persecuted anyone who dared to question it in order to maintain control over the populace".
I bolded the same portion for some odd reason. :biggrin2:

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Chris Booker, huh? Tells me all I needed to know. :D
I guess you're right. I won't believe it until I hear it from Brian Williams.

In all seriousness, though, for this somewhat-conservative, it's not whether global warming/climate change is real vs hoax, but whether government is a solution or a power grab.

What is the proposed solution? What will it cost? How certain can we be that it would work? Committing economic suicide today to (maybe) prevent climate disasters 10, 20, 50, or 90 years down the line doesn't seem wise, IMO.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Do you ever find it interesting that liberals have bought into climate change hook line and sinker, while conservatives overwhelmingly dismiss the entire thing as a hoax?
I'm pretty conservative but I trust the scientific community much more than the government. Without either, I would suspect something just from the changes in weather where I live in my lifetime.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

In all seriousness, though, for this somewhat-conservative, it's not whether global warming/climate change is real vs hoax, but whether government is a solution or a power grab.

What is the proposed solution? What will it cost? How certain can we be that it would work? Committing economic suicide today to (maybe) prevent climate disasters 10, 20, 50, or 90 years down the line doesn't seem wise, IMO.
This is my issue. Before we force companies and our society to spend untold billions of dollars. How sure are we they're even going to work? Or is it just a guess?

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
This is my issue. Before we force companies and our society to spend untold billions of dollars. How sure are we they're even going to work? Or is it just a guess?
Al Gore recently said $90 Trillion should help eliminate greenhouse gases and cars. Does the planet even have $90 Trillion?

As for the scientific community as it relates to Climate Change, they are the government. So to continue their funding, of course they're going to perpetuate the fraud.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I'm pretty conservative but I trust the scientific community much more than the government. Without either, I would suspect something just from the changes in weather where I live in my lifetime.
I guess that I'm really conservative! I don't trust either one.

Yes, I've also noticed that sometimes it's hot and sometimes it's cold and sometimes it's mild. Sometimes, it rains, sometimes it snows. I've seen hail as a child, as a teenager, as a middle aged person, and as an old man. It has always been that way in seven decades of my life. We had tornadoes when I was a child and we've had tornadoes while I've been an old man and some even in-between.

I guess that I just haven't noticed a difference. Let's see, is anyone profiting from the Global Warming controversy. Since the Ice Age, that ICE has been melting. It was doing so big time even prior to the Industrial Revolution.

Last edited:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013

I wouldn't know, don't really watch NBC Nightly News. The only news show I watch routinely is CBS Sunday Morning News.

I wish I had the answers to those questions, but I don't. I do think the only entity capable of imposing the necessary regulation is government. As an example, CFCs.

What we really need is an energy breakthrough. There's not going to be much impetus to change what we're doing as long as fossil fuels are the best we have for energy production. Hopefully Lockheed-Martin's supposed breakthrough on nuclear fusion isn't just a pipe dream. That would be just the kind of game changer we would need.

Last edited:

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

Yes, I've also noticed that sometimes it's hot and sometimes it's cold and sometimes it's mild. Sometimes, it rains, sometimes it snows. I've seen hail as a child, as a teenager, as a middle aged person, and as an old man. It has always been that way in seven decades of my life. We had tornadoes when I was a child and we've had tornadoes while I've been an old man and some even in-between.

I guess that I just haven't noticed a difference. Let's see, is anyone profiting from the Global Warming controversy. Since the Ice Age, that ICE has been melting. It was doing so big time even prior to the Industrial Revolution.
I also don't trust either. That said, the appearance of certain species in higher numbers around where I live makes me believe something is happening. There are just too many vested interests further vesting themselves. It is just as well known and proven that data has been doctored as it is that the climate changes.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Al Gore recently said $90 Trillion should help eliminate greenhouse gases and cars. Does the planet even have $90 Trillion?

As for the scientific community as it relates to Climate Change, they are the government. So to continue their funding, of course they're going to perpetuate the fraud.
Thwacka Thwacka Thwacka

Is that you, Mulder?

I need to print out the climate change bingo card. We might hit every trope here.

Right now there's more money to be made in the denialist camp. Just ask Fred Singer.

Last edited:

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

I don't trust the government at all. The scientists have less of an agenda. I have a B of S from Bama. I had a project on strip mine reclamation my senior year. It was the hot topic of the day and I found out first hand it strip mining was very bad environmentally. There are good doctors and bad and some are in it for the money only. A global conspiracy of global warming would be too easy to expose IMO.
When I was a child it snowed 2-3 times a year, 4-8 inches. Rarely does that happen any more. Southern Kentucky seems to now have the same weather that southern Tennessee used to have (not scientific at all).

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
I don't trust the government at all. The scientists have less of an agenda. I have a B of S from Bama. I had a project on strip mine reclamation my senior year. It was the hot topic of the day and I found out first hand it strip mining was very bad environmentally. There are good doctors and bad and some are in it for the money only. A global conspiracy of global warming would be too easy to expose IMO.
When I was a child it snowed 2-3 times a year, 4-8 inches. Rarely does that happen any more. Southern Kentucky seems to now have the same weather that southern Tennessee used to have (not scientific at all).
This post reminds me of this:

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.