Any other "Top Gear" fans around here? BBC suspends Jeremy Clarkson

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Re: Any other "Top Gear" fans around here? BBC supends Jeremy Clarkson

love this show and I am disappointed with this. This show always makes me laugh. Clarkson has always had footinmouth disease.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

Sounds like a repeat of the Howard Cosell controversy.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

I don't watch it, but this video cracks me up every time.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

It's funny. I've watched it mainly in Europe when I had only British TV. Here, other choices seem to crowd it out...

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

if you haven't seen it, the episode where they drive through Alabama is an absolute classic. Its on youtube

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Clarkson is truly a fantastic entertainer and his antics have earned many, many millions.

Basically, the BBC needs to decide if political-correctness is more important than continuing one of the most profitable and most popular shows on all of their networks, as if Clarkson is gone, the show will go back to what it was before him - unknown.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

Now that Clarkson, May and Hammond have taken their show to Amazon and renamed it "The Grand Tour", I was wondering what other fans of the old Top Gear think. I have watched five episodes and I still enjoy their humor and their interaction with each other. The show feels familiar yet like a movie sequel, it just isn't a good as the first. I'm glad they are back together and I will continue to watch. I do miss the Stig.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

Now that Clarkson, May and Hammond have taken their show to Amazon and renamed it "The Grand Tour", I was wondering what other fans of the old Top Gear think. I have watched five episodes and I still enjoy their humor and their interaction with each other. The show feels familiar yet like a movie sequel, it just isn't a good as the first. I'm glad they are back together and I will continue to watch. I do miss the Stig.
I agree something feels off, not sure what it is. Still funny but not as good as before

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

if you haven't seen it, the episode where they drive through Alabama is an absolute classic. Its on youtube
I was living in the UK at the time and my British colleagues loved pointing that episode to me. The Brits on the show had to run away from Alabama to escape "the boys" from Alabama.
I asked them two questions:
1. Do you think Alabama rednecks respect state boundaries and will stop chasing at a state border? (Darn! They escape into Mississippi!")
2. Do you think Mississippi rednecks are any better that Alabama rednecks?

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

I need to check it out. I loved Top Gear (UK version), I stopped watching when the fired Clarkson.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I agree something feels off, not sure what it is. Still funny but not as good as before
I think they're trying too hard, it all seems kinda forced. I also think that given another season or so and they'll be back to old form.

That said, I'm, still enjoying it.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.