***** 2017 RB Najee Harris SIGNS with Alabama *****

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Re: ***** 2017 RB Najee Harris Commits to Alabama *****

I thought today he was making some kind of announcement. Did I dream this?

Will he be an EE?

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

he won't make an announcement per BOL. he will attend the AA game in San Antonio and enroll in Tuscaloosa when its over.
Several here have said Harris is an EE, wherever he ends up.

Registration for Spring classes in Tuscaloosa opened October 24. Classes start January 11. Last day to add a class is January 18.

Looks like Michigan is on the quarter system. In Ann Arbor, classes start January 4. Last day to add a class is January 17.

We'll know not later than January 17. Hopefully sometime before that -- January 11 would be my pick.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Several here have said Harris is an EE, wherever he ends up.

Registration for Spring classes in Tuscaloosa opened October 24. Classes start January 11. Last day to add a class is January 18.

Looks like Michigan is on the quarter system. In Ann Arbor, classes start January 4. Last day to add a class is January 17.

We'll know not later than January 17. Hopefully sometime before that -- January 11 would be my pick.
January 4? The Army All-American game is January 7 this year. Obviously, he still would have 10 days to get to Ann Arbor.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

January 4? The Army All-American game is January 7 this year. Obviously, he still would have 10 days to get to Ann Arbor.
If we make the NC game would Najee and all EE's get to practice that week? If that is the case we would know as early as 1/2 or so.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

If we make the NC game would Najee and all EE's get to practice that week? If that is the case we would know as early as 1/2 or so.
Auburn already has a couple of EEs practicing with them for the bowl game.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

If they are early enrollees they will be on campus right after their all star game

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010

Najee legitimately has a chance to become the best Running Back in the history of Alabama football, which is an incredible feat given the breadth of running back talent that has played here over the years. Dereck Henry is arguably the best Bama RB, at least in the modern history, and Najee has a litttle better tools being brought to the table at comparable points in their career. But it was the extraordinary work effort that Henry inheriantly practiced that put him over the top. If Najee can do the same or better, which is a big task, he might stand above in the end.

RTR!!!!!

Last edited:

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany

Aww Man,
High Schools and Colleges are filled with folks who once had the physical attributes to be the best ever...who later turned out to be busts, get injured, drop out, get in trouble with the law, etc. etc. You never know for certain if they have the whole package until they arrive and do it. Give this player a chance to develop before we cast unreal expectations upon him. As you pointed out, the mental side of football is absolutely essential to a player's success. Maybe we should hold this optimistic comparison to Dereck Henry in check until the youngster has a 200 yard game or two against LSU and Tennessee, finishes Coach Saban's two-a-day summer practice season, Coach Cochran's 4th quarter off-season program, learns the playbook and can play fast, proves he can be trusted to play by learning how not to fumble and how to block college level blitzing linebackers? I recall folks saying similar things about Linnie Patrick's physical ability when I graduated from HS in Birmingham in 80/81 and it never panned out for him in college....however, he did have a great day against Auburn one year! RTR

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010

Now he's announcing his decision again. Between Michigan and Bama....what a surprise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010

Najee spotted wearing Michigan clothing within the last week. Maybe nothing!

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

Now he's announcing his decision again. Between Michigan and Bama....what a surprise!

He's not announcing. He said he'll make up his mind after the army game, but won't announce it. Sounds like We'll know when his LOI arrives at UA or um after the army game

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

He's not announcing. He said he'll make up his mind after the army game, but won't announce it. Sounds like We'll know when his LOI arrives at UA or um after the army game
If he were to decide to go to UM, I hope he`s got more class than to spring a surprise on the staff by waiting to signing day before they know.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

My wife says that elite recruiting is like watching the show The Bachelor. The guy gets to sleep with all of these girls for weeks and tells each of them that he loves them. Then on the last day he "chooses" who he really "loves". It seems that the words love or commitment have different meaning to some people. But better that this kid really be committed to Alabama before he decides because he is going to have to be patient and work hard to play at Alabama.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

I wonder with Bo Scarbrough clearly emerging as the stud rb could be what's giving NH pause and reason to rethink his verbal commit.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

My wife says that elite recruiting is like watching the show The Bachelor. The guy gets to sleep with all of these girls for weeks and tells each of them that he loves them. Then on the last day he "chooses" who he really "loves". It seems that the words love or commitment have different meaning to some people. But better that this kid really be committed to Alabama before he decides because he is going to have to be patient and work hard to play at Alabama.
And..... that doesn`t always fit with everybody. Not saying that that necessarily applies to Najee, but it`s a fact nonetheless. IMO, the chances that Harbaugh isn`t saying to him that " You da man, from day one. " is far less than zero. I don`t think he`ll hear that at UA.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

Love to have him, but we'll win regardless of his decision.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.