***** 2017 RB Najee Harris SIGNS with Alabama *****

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999
Re: ***** 2017 RB Najee Harris Commits to Alabama *****

Trending to Michigan on 247. Wish the young man well wherever he goes but this just odd. Hopefully he has already told whichever coaching staff he is comitted to and this show up and move gimmick is just for the media.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Beginning to wonder if this one hasn`t slipped away from us. Harbaugh is many things, apparently to include relentless.

mikeua69

All-American
Apr 16, 2002
Alabaster, AL

Oh well, do we have another RB on the board we may take, or just go with Robinson?

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012

Trending to Michigan on 247. Wish the young man well wherever he goes but this just odd. Hopefully he has already told whichever coaching staff he is comitted to and this show up and move gimmick is just for the media.
Wait the same 247 site that said McKinney was a 100% lock to Clemson? Who knows I don't think anyone outside of the coaching staffs actually do at this point.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Wait the same 247 site that said McKinney was a 100% lock to Clemson? Who knows I don't think anyone outside of the coaching staffs actually do at this point.
That`s very true. For me, it just " feels " like he`s Michigan bound ( how`s that for scientific? ). Then again, I`ve given up counting how many of my "feelings" have been wrong! That`s why I always pay more attention to what folks like Jam have to say than I do my own thoughts and feelings on this stuff.

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999

Yes! Exactly. I don't pay for any information I can get here a few hours later so I am just passing along the CB trend. He might end up in Tuscaloosa I was just pointing out that you don't just "show up and move in." It's a wrinkle in the long line of attention getting gimmicks. If he does go to UM I wouldn't mind shaking the bushes again and finding another Josh Jacobs out there but I doubt there's another one like him that isn't already committed.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I like to look at the people who make those predictions. The ones that have changed their pick to Michigan in the last two days are a Michigan writer, two Illinois writers, and a random national writer.

I'm sticking with Najee to Bama until I see a BOL guy say otherwise or a respectable national writer gives something to point to him going to Ann Arbor.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

I am just glad if he does choose to go to Michigan that losing out on him will not hurt our class. It was not so long ago when it felt like a kid like this could make or break our class. Fortunately we have not had to worry about that since Saban has been coach. Having said that I really feel like he sticks with Bama but if not best of luck to him.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

Beginning to wonder if this one hasn`t slipped away from us. Harbaugh is many things, apparently to include relentless.
This has nothing to do with harbaugh and everything to do with insecurity. You don't stay committed this long and resist other offers only to balk and go elsewhere at the last minute.

Personally if some coach started pointing at another teams depth chart and talking about playing time it would be a slap in the face to me, not sure how Harris took it, but obviously something changed. Wonder if his family got a job at Michigan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

I like to look at the people who make those predictions. The ones that have changed their pick to Michigan in the last two days are a Michigan writer, two Illinois writers, and a random national writer.

I'm sticking with Najee to Bama until I see a BOL guy say otherwise or a respectable national writer gives something to point to him going to Ann Arbor.
if every recruit that these Michigan writers "felt good about" signed with Michigan, they'd have 50 in their class this year.

They are having a hard time adjusting to being relevant again.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

This has nothing to do with harbaugh and everything to do with insecurity. You don't stay committed this long and resist other offers only to balk and go elsewhere at the last minute.

Personally if some coach started pointing at another teams depth chart and talking about playing time it would be a slap in the face to me, not sure how Harris took it, but obviously something changed. Wonder if his family got a job at Michigan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good points Alex and I agree for the most part. I don`t pretend to know how susceptible Najee might be to the old " You can come in and be the Man right now " spiel that I would be almost certain Harbaugh is using. Anyway, nothing one can do about that and we`ll find out this weekend, I suppose.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

For Najee? Where are you seeing this? BOL has continued to say they feel like he ends up in Tuscaloosa. USC has not been a contender in months.
On 24/7. They still list him as a hard Bama commit, but on their 'percentages' they list both SC and UM as being in the 43-45% range of landing him and us around 3%. Not claiming that it's accurate, just pointing it out.

Last edited:

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999

if every recruit that these Michigan writers "felt good about" signed with Michigan, they'd have 50 in their class this year.

They are having a hard time adjusting to being relevant again.
Haha! I obviously don't follow recruiting closely but appreciate many of you that do and can give us insights as to what is going on.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

His brother tweeted that he wants him at Michigan. Says he can be a legend there.
From that I would assume that he`s inferring that it`s easier to attain legendary status at UM than at UA (?). Why would that be? Because they`ll run you to death ( 30+ carries a game as the sole RB every game vs. 15-20, maybe, at Alabama where you play with other backs who share the load and allow you to have some "tread " left when you go to the league )?

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia

I'd stack up Bama past, present, "legends" against UM anytime but a man's gotta do what he thinks is right. Best wishes whichever way the wind blows.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

I'd stack up Bama past, present, "legends" against UM anytime but a man's gotta do what he thinks is right. Best wishes whichever way the wind blows.
I agree, I don't want my opinion taken as I don't want the young man here, quite the contrary. It's just my thoughts on the latest happenings involving his recruitment.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.