***** 2017 RB Najee Harris SIGNS with Alabama ***** - Page 5
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Re: *** 2017 Najee Harris Commits to Alabama ***

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    very realistically. It's not like bama isn't the number one program in all of football.
    I agree ... our program has a proven track record, especially with backs that have the desire and determination to come in and work hard. Just in general, the program is in a very good spot with recruiting. Programs usually get a bump due to winning NCs alone. With the success we've been having plus the "renewed" vote of confidence in Coach Saban we should be in the think of it for many of the recruits we target for at least the next two years. The only possible factor that may affect our recruiting some is how well CKS and staff does in the state of GA. Either way it goes, its been great to see this type of run with a program in general. Just glad its ours

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamainBoston's Avatar

You think he doesn't own a map?

Quote Originally Posted by TUSKaloosa View Post
    True dat about the Heisman and our tradition. Just hate for the guy to come here and see people confirming what his negatives may be...2500 miles away from home. If I was committing to a school I would surely visit their forums to see what the fan base thought of my commitment and we surely should not provide any doubt to cloud a young mans' mind.

Najee, think of how tall you will be standing every time you go home by starring for the Mighty Tide!! I am sure it will be an experience that will last a lifetime and will be most advantageous to your career.

BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamainBoston View Post
    You think he doesn't own a map?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BOL in a premium article reporting Najee will definitely visit Ohio State. It is going to be a battle with Najee but I believe our RB tradition and recent Heisman winners and winning NC will keep him at Bama.

BamaNation All-American

Has anyone ever figured out how many of these early commits actually make it in?

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Has anyone ever figured out how many of these early commits actually make it in?
    The overwhelming majority stay committed no matter when they commit at Bama. Here is our 2015 signing class that shows commitment dates. You can see many were committed in 2013 or early to mid 2014 before their senior seasons and made it to campus.

https://alabama.n.rivals.com/commitments/football/2015

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    The overwhelming majority stay committed no matter when they commit at Bama. Here is our 2015 signing class that shows commitment dates. You can see many were committed in 2013 or early to mid 2014 before their senior seasons and made it to campus.

https://alabama.n.rivals.com/commitments/football/2015
    Thanks TJ, that`s more encouraging than I frankly thought it would be.

BamaNation All-SEC

It's way way way to early in the recruiting season to go crazy over any of these Athletes. I'll say this if you are a RB and your looking solely at the production value of the position. Where else would you go ? Of the Rb's that Started on our team (I believe every starter has played in the NFL, and the last two non QB Heisman trophy winners have been from Bama) I'll be on sporadically due to the grueling nature of the application process.

Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    It's way way way to early in the recruiting season to go crazy over any of these Athletes. I'll say this if you are a RB and your looking solely at the production value of the position. Where else would you go ? Of the Rb's that Started on our team (I believe every starter has played in the NFL, and the last two non QB Heisman trophy winners have been from Bama) I'll be on sporadically due to the grueling nature of the application process.
    Good luck with your applications, Jam. You had mentioned several schools before, which ones are you applying to?

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by jabcmb View Post
    Good luck with your applications, Jam. You had mentioned several schools before, which ones are you applying to?
    Tulane , Penn, Cornell, Stanford, Vandy, trying to squeeze in Yale, and maybe columbia. Gonzaga and few more I hear from weekly.

BamaNation All-SEC

Tulane , Penn, Cornell, Stanford, Vandy, trying to squeeze in Yale, and maybe columbia. Gonzaga and few more I hear from weekly.
    If you ever apply for Dartmouth and are in the area, let me know and I can show you around.

Now, how are you going to stay in the recruiting loop way up, out, or over there? (smiles)

BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar

I had the privilege of meeting Najee on Friday on campus. I sure hope we can keep him. He would pass for NFL ready looks-wise right this moment. He's my daughter's age, but yet he looks nothing like a high-schooler. I can't imagine him once Coach Cochran gets a hold of him.