***** 2017 RB Najee Harris SIGNS with Alabama *****

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: ***** 2017 RB Najee Harris Commits to Alabama *****

I get nervous every time this thread is bumped to the top.
Don't get nervous. In reading and hearing from Najee and those close to him he is solid. He outworks everybody and this is what Bama is about. He loves Cochran, loves to compete and realizes we may bring in 3 RB's in this class and is tight with many of our other commits. Flips happen obviously but I think if he did flip this would be the most surprising to me during the Saban era. He will be the crown jewel of this incredible class.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Don't get nervous. In reading and hearing from Najee and those close to him he is solid. He outworks everybody and this is what Bama is about. He loves Cochran, loves to compete and realizes we may bring in 3 RB's in this class and is tight with many of our other commits. Flips happen obviously but I think if he did flip this would be the most surprising to me during the Saban era. He will be the crown jewel of this incredible class.
The crown or the man everyone wants to play with could honestly be Tua he has the IT factor like Tebow had. He is just special. Leatherwood and Cowan are also actively recruiting anyone that will listen. This class could set records.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

The crown or the man everyone wants to play with could honestly be Tua he has the IT factor like Tebow had. He is just special. Leatherwood and Cowan are also actively recruiting anyone that will listen. This class could set records.
I think that it would be fascinating to be able to spend time around coach Saban and the staff and watch how they strategize and handle all this. How they work with committed and non-committed recruits, how they guide, within permissible rules, how/when/who the committed guys recruit, etc., etc. I`m sure a great deal of this is more art than science.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

It's going to be a long six months on this one.
Understatement of the day, 4Q. As I`ve stated before, I`d be fascinated to know the strategy and approach that the staff takes on a committed prospect of Najee`s caliber. Obviously, they wouldn`t just ignore him just because he committed, but is the same degree of time and effort ( "full court press " ) applied as if he weren`t ? Have to wonder if this isn`t one of those many things in life that are more art than science (?).

playball31580

Suspended
Aug 19, 2005
Wish I went to Tuscaloosa for college

I'm only nervous about him associated with Michigan because Harbaugh coached the 49ers as Harris is from the Bay Area. He like Saban has NFL coaching pedigree that can sway Harris to Michigan. But I still think he sticks with Bama because of our excellent track record of getting RB's to the NFL and for the fact that Harris has really bonded with Cochran as he's a workout freak like Henry.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

I'm only nervous about him associated with Michigan because Harbaugh coached the 49ers as Harris is from the Bay Area. He like Saban has NFL coaching pedigree that can sway Harris to Michigan. But I still think he sticks with Bama because of our excellent track record of getting RB's to the NFL and for the fact that Harris has really bonded with Cochran as he's a workout freak like Henry.
Now that`s an interesting observation. Is it safe to say that Coach Cochran is a key to a continued, long term recruitment of Najee? If yes, then is he encumbered with the same rules and restrictions as to contact and visits as the other, on field coaches and coordinators?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Now that`s an interesting observation. Is it safe to say that Coach Cochran is a key to a continued, long term recruitment of Najee? If yes, then is he encumbered with the same rules and restrictions as to contact and visits as the other, on field coaches and coordinators?
A key factor is the other players committed he has bonded with. Tua, Vandarius, Leatherwood and others are in constant contact so they have formed friendships. Another one is Najee's personality is very much the Bama way which is to let your play do the talking.

Obviously I can not say he won't sign with somebody else but I would be surprised and especially if he signed with Michigan since Harbaugh has a neon sign all over his body saying look at me.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010

The fact that he is shelling out some decent coin to fly all the way to Michigan for a BBQ should give Michigan at least a decent chance.

If Scarborough and Harris are the second coming this year of Trent and Ingram in their Bama prime, then look out!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Anybody know Michigan`s RB situation?
I`d love to know what Harbaugh`s sales pitch is going to be. Anything other than, " You`re the starting RB, day one. At Alabama, you`ll have to earn it . " ? Weather? Nope. Girls? Please. Academics ? Don`t know what Najee is interested in. He`s going there for a BBQ ? Lord, please let him compare what he`s going to get up there to Archibald`s and Dreamland ! Any buddies at Michigan already?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.