***** 2017 RB Najee Harris SIGNS with Alabama *****

TUSKaloosa

3rd Team
Aug 18, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Re: 2017 Najee Harris Commits to the Tide

If Najee reads this thread, 2500 miles is not that far by plane and families fly every week to watch their children play football. Plus, Alabama plays on TV pretty much every week so even extended family can watch as the most enthusiastic fan base cheers for you on a weekly basis. A shot at being able to don a National Championship ring is something 95% of players never get a chance at. Each recruiting class Coach Saban has brought in has had that opportunity. You are a big time player so why not play for the most popular team. Roll Tide Najee and see you here!!

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Beyond his speed, power, and quick feet, I love this kid's balance. Numerous times he gets hit, you think he's got to go down, but he doesn't. Just incredible.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006

If Najee reads this thread, 2500 miles is not that far by plane and families fly every week to watch their children play football. Plus, Alabama plays on TV pretty much every week so even extended family can watch as the most enthusiastic fan base cheers for you on a weekly basis. A shot at being able to don a National Championship ring is something 95% of players never get a chance at. Each recruiting class Coach Saban has brought in has had that opportunity. You are a big time player so why not play for the most popular team. Roll Tide Najee and see you here!!
Not only can he win a national championship, but he can win a Heisman as a cherry on top!

TUSKaloosa

3rd Team
Aug 18, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio, USA

True dat about the Heisman and our tradition. Just hate for the guy to come here and see people confirming what his negatives may be...2500 miles away from home. If I was committing to a school I would surely visit their forums to see what the fan base thought of my commitment and we surely should not provide any doubt to cloud a young mans' mind.

Najee, think of how tall you will be standing every time you go home by starring for the Mighty Tide!! I am sure it will be an experience that will last a lifetime and will be most advantageous to your career.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Is Najee recruiting for us...? :cool2:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Re: *** 2017 Najee Harris Commits to Alabama ***

I know signing day for Harris is a year away but does anyone think Alabama can realistically hold onto him? I would be pleasantly surprised if we can keep him committed - mainly because of the distance..

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

I know signing day for Harris is a year away but does anyone think Alabama can realistically hold onto him? I would be pleasantly surprised if we can keep him committed - mainly because of the distance..
very realistically. It's not like bama isn't the number one program in all of football.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

very realistically. It's not like bama isn't the number one program in all of football.
I agree ... our program has a proven track record, especially with backs that have the desire and determination to come in and work hard. Just in general, the program is in a very good spot with recruiting. Programs usually get a bump due to winning NCs alone. With the success we've been having plus the "renewed" vote of confidence in Coach Saban we should be in the think of it for many of the recruits we target for at least the next two years. The only possible factor that may affect our recruiting some is how well CKS and staff does in the state of GA. Either way it goes, its been great to see this type of run with a program in general. Just glad its ours :)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

BOL in a premium article reporting Najee will definitely visit Ohio State. It is going to be a battle with Najee but I believe our RB tradition and recent Heisman winners and winning NC will keep him at Bama.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Has anyone ever figured out how many of these early commits actually make it in?
The overwhelming majority stay committed no matter when they commit at Bama. Here is our 2015 signing class that shows commitment dates. You can see many were committed in 2013 or early to mid 2014 before their senior seasons and made it to campus.

https://alabama.n.rivals.com/commitments/football/2015

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

The overwhelming majority stay committed no matter when they commit at Bama. Here is our 2015 signing class that shows commitment dates. You can see many were committed in 2013 or early to mid 2014 before their senior seasons and made it to campus.

https://alabama.n.rivals.com/commitments/football/2015
Thanks TJ, that`s more encouraging than I frankly thought it would be.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

It's way way way to early in the recruiting season to go crazy over any of these Athletes. I'll say this if you are a RB and your looking solely at the production value of the position. Where else would you go ? Of the Rb's that Started on our team (I believe every starter has played in the NFL, and the last two non QB Heisman trophy winners have been from Bama) I'll be on sporadically due to the grueling nature of the application process.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL

It's way way way to early in the recruiting season to go crazy over any of these Athletes. I'll say this if you are a RB and your looking solely at the production value of the position. Where else would you go ? Of the Rb's that Started on our team (I believe every starter has played in the NFL, and the last two non QB Heisman trophy winners have been from Bama) I'll be on sporadically due to the grueling nature of the application process.
Good luck with your applications, Jam. You had mentioned several schools before, which ones are you applying to?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.