Worst to first

KayBee

Banned
Jan 1, 2005
Ruston, LA
is anybody like me and likes to take teams that are just plain bad make them dominant powers

I did this with Vanderbilt and and now doing it with Penn (not Penn State, Penn....the Ivy League school)

six years in, I have Penn 3-0 (all three are shutouts), ranked #1 in both polls, defending national champions and just beat Princeton (albeit Princeton) 112-0

and in the Princeton game only attempted three passes (one was a QB screen for -4 yards)

I put them C-USA in the place of South Florida (so yes I played and beat 'Bama) and just got accepted into the Big East (it's 2004 so Miami and Va. Tech are still there) in the place of Syracuse

bamafancoop

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 20, 2005
Tuscaloosa
I did the same with vandy...

I took Vandy to become a national powerhouse. THe first season was tough ( I play on Heisman skill level) and I lost to Florida. Then I was able to get better guys in the game and go undefeated.

KayBee

Banned
Jan 1, 2005
Ruston, LA
I started at Varsity so I could win some games and get good players but now I'm on All-American and dominating so I'll probably bump up to Heisman at the end of this season

Hawk324

Suspended
Dec 5, 1999
AL
It's good to learn that others enjoy playing this way. I almost always begin my dynasty careers with a small, under powered team that had a losing season the year before. I've coached most of em too. Memphis, Central Fla, Wake Forest, Central Mich, Baylor, Troy St, Ark St, Louisiana-Monroe, Ga. Southern, etc. Those type of teams. The fun, for me, is struggling through that 1st season, recruiting and building the teams up to be contenders. Then hoping that a major college team I like comes calling.

Lately I've become a bit more particular about the small teams I choose. These days, I try to choose teams based on the size of their stadium (I like crowds) and, (I'm embarrassed to say) uniform colors. I don't worry too much about player personnel in the beginning because I know I'll be able to produce at least a winning season and a bowl with any team vs the CPU. I'll probably lose some games, but I can usually get em in a bowl. That usually thrills the AD and gets me a better contract. It helps with recruiting and its so much fun to land that truly fast RB and let him run. (I run the ball a lot at first and I control the DE on Defense). I love to see the crowd fill up the stadium and hear them cheer when that RB breaks loose for a long td! Or maybe one of the new Frosh DE's blasts around the outside (I try to recruit fast players for this....a fast DE or maybe a fast LB) and tries to seperate the hapless QB's head from his body! :biggrin2:

I usually end up being hired at some point by a major school, but after awhile I begin to long for the smaller schools and the building up of a little program into a stronger one.

:)

KayBee

Banned
Jan 1, 2005
Ruston, LA
I start each dynasty with a goal for the team I am doing it with and when I reach that goal, start looking for offers from other schools to go to

and whenever I change teams (or conferences) I change the playbook I used previously

KayBee

Banned
Jan 1, 2005
Ruston, LA
I havent played a dynasty with 'Bama since I got ****ed off the last ime

I was playing a season with the specific goal of playing on Junior Varsity and trying to see if I could go an eiter season without yielding a point

shut out #3 Georgia and #5 Tennessee then on the worst defensive play in football history allowed a deep pass to Wyoming I stopped the game and deleted the dynasty

Bama323

All-American
Feb 3, 2005
I did that last year with Rutgers. They only won 1 game the year before I took them over. They were so bad, that I had to play extremely conservative football to win most games. Fortunately, I was able to play good enough defense to keep my offense in the game and to squeak out close games. I went 10-3 the first year, then 8-5 the second year because I lost so many seniors. The next year I finished 11-1, and then won the NC my 4th year. I turned a 3-star RB into a heisman trophy winner in his second year.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.