Coach Johnson is the Man for the Job

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
My wife and I met coach Johnson tonight and had a chance to talk for a few minutes at the softball game. He is such a class act. He spoke about the job and how much work there is to do. I told him basketball would explode here if he can get the students engaged and he said they met for 2 hours today about that very subject. He also mentioned Alabama being a football school, but my wife and I told him we'd rather go to basketball than football games and he seemed excited. We definitely have the right man for the job. Lets support the team like this school has never seen. We need this man to take us to new heights.

He and Coach Pettway were had a recruit there. The new guy from Providence was there as well. I was told the kid from Memphis, but I am not sure.

Roll Tide! I can't wait for basketball season.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
My wife and I met coach Johnson tonight and had a chance to talk for a few minutes at the softball game. He is such a class act. He spoke about the job and how much work there is to do. I told him basketball would explode here if he can get the students engaged and he said they met for 2 hours today about that very subject. He also mentioned Alabama being a football school, but my wife and I told him we'd rather go to basketball than football games and he seemed excited. We definitely have the right man for the job. Lets support the team like this school has never seen. We need this man to take us to new heights.

He and Coach Pettway were had a recruit there. The new guy from Providence was there as well. I was told the kid from Memphis, but I am not sure.

Well done, bud. Sounds as if you represented the hoops contingent beautifully.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I might have been looking at things differently at the time, but I'm trying to remember what Grant did once he became Alabama coach and... I'm still not sure. It seems like Avery has been far more visible and vocal, and what changes did we see after Grant arrived? I remember feeling like oh well, he had success at his previous school, he coached under Billy, he knows what he's doing, but now I just can't remember what it was he did to improve the program. In the very least Avery seems to be keeping a higher profile and with the resources available it's hard to imagine how that doesn't work out.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
i like what i'm seeing so far. but what i like most is how our program will be thought of instead of an afterthought to the media. we're getting roll tides and shout outs on the NBA pregame and halftime shows.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Nick King was on campus yesterday. A CW reporter tweeted he bumped into Pett giving King and his family a tour of the business school.

wsims74

3rd Team
Apr 30, 2013
he was on the radio before and after every game... yes CAJ has been much more vocal and I am supporting him, but no reason to use hyperbole

I heard Coach Grant on the radio ONCE! In six years I heard him ONCE outside the mandatory half-time interview.

Drifter

3rd Team
Mar 10, 2010
Originally Posted by Silverback I heard Coach Grant on the radio ONCE! In six years I heard him ONCE outside the mandatory half-time interview.
he was on the radio before and after every game... yes CAJ has been much more vocal and I am supporting him, but no reason to use hyperbole
He said he heard him once. You may have heard him more than once.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
It was not hyperbole. He sent his assistant to do the mandatory on numerous occasions and missed many "hey coach" shows. I spoke with someone in compliance and they said he is back where he wanted to be. She said that had we not fired him, she thought he would have resigned he wanted out so bad. I said he would not have walked away from the 4 million.

It is a new age in basketball now and there is no reason to even discuss him. Lets get behind CAJ and give him every reason to make us the best program in the SEC. We have an opportunity to do what has never been done here.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
It was not hyperbole. He sent his assistant to do the mandatory on numerous occasions and missed many "hey coach" shows. I spoke with someone in compliance and they said he is back where he wanted to be. She said that had we not fired him, she thought he would have resigned he wanted out so bad. I said he would not have walked away from the 4 million.

It is a new age in basketball now and there is no reason to even discuss him. Lets get behind CAJ and give him every reason to make us the best program in the SEC. We have an opportunity to do what has never been done here.
RTR!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.