The everlasting powerful / memorable / funny movie quote thread...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
OK, I'll start - the only rule is you have to post what movie the quote that has affected you is from...

“People had more than they needed. We had no idea what was precious and what wasn't. We threw away things people kill each other for now.”

- Book of Eli

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Harry: Because no man can be friends with a woman that he finds attractive. He always wants to have sex with her.

Sally: So, you're saying that a man can be friends with a woman he finds unattractive?

Harry Burns: No. You pretty much want to nail 'em too.

When Harry Met Sally

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Powerful:
From Hotel Rwanda
Paul: I am glad that you have shot this footage and that the world will see it. It is the only way we have a chance that people might intervene.
Journalist: Yeah and if no one intervenes, is it still a good thing to show?
Paul: How can they not intervene when they witness such atrocities?
Journalist: I think if people see this footage they'll say, "oh my God that's horrible," and then go on eating their dinners.

Memorable:
From Unforgiven
I could quote the entire final scene. I'll just leave:

Little Bill: I don't deserve this... to die like this. I was building a house.
Will Munny: Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.

Funny:
I love Airplane!, so I'll offer an underrated one from that movie:
"There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?"

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Powerful & Memorable:

"Those are movies, damn you--LOOK AT ME! Flesh and blood, life-sized, I'm not that ... here, I never was!" -- My Favorite Year

Funny

"What is our estimated time of arrival?" -- My Favorite Year

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I've always loved this one...

Frodo: [of Gollum] It's a pity Bilbo didn't kill him when he had the chance.
Gandalf: Pity? It was pity that stayed Bilbo's hand. Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends. My heart tells me that Gollum has some part to play yet, for good or ill before this is over. The pity of Bilbo may rule the fate of many.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Powerful from "A River Runs Through It" and Norman Maclan.

From Normans' father in a sermon after the beating death of Normans' brother:
“Each one of us here today will at one time in our lives look upon a loved one who is in need and ask the same question: We are willing to help, Lord, but what, if anything, is needed? For it is true we can seldom help those closest to us. Either we don't know what part of ourselves to give or, more often than not, the part we have to give is not wanted. And so it is those we live with and should know who elude us. But we can still love them - we can love completely without complete understanding.”

Norman, in the final scene:
“Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
I am haunted by waters."

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
"Let me tell you a little something about 'The People' Phil; you lock any ten of them in a room, they may not elect a leader, but I guarantee they'll pick someone to hate."

-Senator Larson Crockett (Eric Bogosian), Witch Hunt

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Doc Holliday: And you must be Ringo. Look, darling, Johnny Ringo. The deadliest pistoleer since Wild Bill, they say. What do you think, darling? Should I hate him?
Kate: You don't even know him.
Doc Holliday: Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.

- Tombstone

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Dusty: "The Suck Zone". It's the point basically when the twister... sucks you up. That's not the technical term for it, obviously.

Twister - Phillip Seymour Hoffman

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Noah: So it's not going to be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're going to have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me....everyday.

-The Notebook

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
A Few Good Men; Col. Nathan R. Jessup (Jack Nicholson): " I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post."

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Anderl Meier:
You're very good. I have really enjoyed climbing with you.
Dr. Jonathan Hemlock:
We'll make it.
Anderl Meier:
I don't think so. But we shall continue with style.

~ "The Eiger Sanction"

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.