Jeff Garrett Transferring From Alabama

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Me also! Sometimes, it happens! I really think that we will fill this out by the time practice starts. Player development is what should be happening this summer.
With the NBA's international flavor, and Avery Johnson's NBA background, got a hunch there could be a player or two from a strange land or two out there who can see themselves in 'Bama's immediate future plans. What's the NCAA rule on dates by which a college athlete from abroad can sign and be eligible to play the next season?

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
With the NBA's international flavor, and Avery Johnson's NBA background, got a hunch there could be a player or two from a strange land or two out there who can see themselves in 'Bama's immediate future plans. What's the NCAA rule on dates by which a college athlete from abroad can sign and be eligible to play the next season?
I like your thinking...Avery is tuned into quite a network so I tend to think he is working his Texas roots.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I read on another forum where CAJ may not sign any more post players until fall. We are still actively recruiting at least 2 high school players that I'm aware of, Dikembe Dixson (SF) and Kobe Eubanks (SG). I'm not sure the status of any of the transfers that are out there right now, if we are in the mix for any of them or not.

Drifter

3rd Team
Mar 10, 2010
If nothing else you take a Willie Kouassi (sp?) to fill a scholly for 1 year. He is a big body who can give you 5 fouls if Taylor gets in foul trouble plus he would be another very good practice player going up against Taylor every day.
this

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Makes me question whether or not it has something to do with academics. I could see if it was Western Kentucky, but not N. Kentucky.
Heard on the radio today, WLW 700 out of Cincinnati that Garrett is going to Northern Kentucky University.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I read on another forum where CAJ may not sign any more post players until fall. We are still actively recruiting at least 2 high school players that I'm aware of, Dikembe Dixson (SF) and Kobe Eubanks (SG). I'm not sure the status of any of the transfers that are out there right now, if we are in the mix for any of them or not.
Apparently we are not going to offer Dikembe Dixson. We're still in the running for Eubanks and transfer James White.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Apparently we are not going to offer Dikembe Dixson. We're still in the running for Eubanks and transfer James White.
I thought we offered Dixson. Might just have assumed we offered since he announced he's visiting.

Hope that means good things about White and Eubanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I thought we offered Dixson. Might just have assumed we offered since he announced he's visiting.

Hope that means good things about White and Eubanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He did visit and apparently the visit went well. On the scout forum someone posted that Dixson would not be signing with us and someone else posted that it was our decision not to offer him a scholly. May or may not be true but I'm assuming it is true. I also read where MSU had cancelled his visit there. Either he has grade issues or isn't an SEC level recruit.

Agree on White and Eubanks.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.