Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Re: ***2016 DT Kendell Jones Commits to the Tide***

I don't see any tweet connecting Kendell to Co-Lin. I see some tweets about Co-Lin players but nothing about Co-Lin and Kendell.

It's all so strange.
You're right. I don't know why this is such a hush hush. Maybe he wants to skip college altogether and try out for the NFL when he comes of age.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Jones playing football once again

Alabama fans may remember the name Kendell “Hulk” Jones. Jones was a part of the Tide’s 2016 signing class, but he never enrolled because he failed to qualify.

After not qualifying, Jones enrolled at Copiah-Lincoln Community College. He didn’t play football last season for that school in Mississippi, but he will this season. Here he is benching 405 pounds:

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL

maybe he'll be part of next years class, if he qualifies.
I wonder where his weight is at now. I always thought he had a lot of work to do with Cochran to get down to a good playing weight, but I was excited to see his transformation after a couple of years in the program. Hopefully he is taking care of himself and does eventually end up here in better playing shape than he would have fresh out of high school

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama

I wonder where his weight is at now. I always thought he had a lot of work to do with Cochran to get down to a good playing weight, but I was excited to see his transformation after a couple of years in the program. Hopefully he is taking care of himself and does eventually end up here in better playing shape than he would have fresh out of high school
Not sure how much weight you can assign it, but according to a Texas board somewhere north of 450 lbs.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Anyone got a link or pic of him at that weight...? :eek2:

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006

I read an article in which he said that if Alabama would have him he would be enrolling in Jan 2018. He also said that CNS had told his coach that they still wanted him. I would link the article but I don't know how. Edit: he also stated that he is now down to 380lbs and that his goal is to drop down to 360lbs.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

A well-respected TI poster is on Twitter saying Hulk is "lying to the media." TIFWIW
I know who you're talking about. I've followed him for years, and He's cool, but I wouldn't take him for 100 percent accurate. I don't know what area is he talking about in regard of Hulk Jones lying to media about.. his weight? him crying after Alabama lost, Alabama still want him, etc. So until he's specific about what area, I wouldnt' take it seriously.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I know who you're talking about. I've followed him for years, and He's cool, but I wouldn't take him for 100 percent accurate. I don't know what area is he talking about in regard of Hulk Jones lying to media about.. his weight? him crying after Alabama lost, Alabama still want him, etc. So until he's specific about what area, I wouldnt' take it seriously.
He followed up his tweet and said "it's not impossible Hulk doesn't come to Bama, but..." Guessing he didn't get that call from Saban like he claims.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Seems like the young man is really trying to put it together. I hope it works out for him and his able to be in the fold again.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.