2015 NCAA Softball Championship

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
We lost a pair of home games to Michigan in February. Let's wish the ladies better luck at their WCWS meeting.
We played them hard in the second game. I think we are better than what we were but our hitting has to be consistent. I'll say if we beat Michigan game one and draw ucla for game two then we are in good shape. Win or lose we all need to be proud of them for getting this far.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Five SEC teams, one B1G, the other 2 from the PAC-whatever. In any case, one SEC team will be in the final.

Not necessarily. And let's hope that is not the case. The only way the SEC would be guaranteed a team into the final would be for Bama to lose Game #6 and move to the upper bracket. That is the only way the upper bracket remains all SEC teams.

Loser of Game #5 in the upper bracket will move to the lower bracket. Likewise, the loser of Game #6 in the lower bracket will move to the upper bracket.

Of course that would mean Bama won Game #3 against Michigan to advance to Game #6, and would not be all that bad if Florida also lost Game #5 and moved to the lower bracket.

I believe Florida would win either bracket and that Bama's best chance would be in an upper bracket without Florida.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
You did good, yesterday.

Can we talk you into heading out to OKC?
If we win the first two games we play and Florida doesnt come to our side of the bracket you will most likely see me up there. Youll probably see me without the Florida scenario its just I am slammed with work on thursday and Friday this week I cant get out there. But Im 90% sure ill be out there if we win our first two. I never thought I would see the day where I would be this invested in Softball, but since watching it years back even before we won the championship I found these girls are very entertaining and Murphy has them playing hard.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Not necessarily. And let's hope that is not the case. The only way the SEC would be guaranteed a team into the final would be for Bama to lose Game #6 and move to the upper bracket. That is the only way the upper bracket remains all SEC teams.
Yeah, forgot how they flip brackets, for the losers. Senior citizen moment.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Florida beat Tennesse 7-2 and LSU beats Auburn 6-1. So Florida plays LSU tommorow at 6pm while the sec championship will have its rematch between Auburn vs Tennessee Saturday morning at 11 am.

Last edited:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Final Four is set after we lost 5-3 to LSU tonight (or this morning I should say). 3 of the final 4 are SEC teams so that is cool

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Congrats to the softball team on another great year. I wish all the other teams at Bama could be as consistent.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
It will most likely go 3 games. I'll pass on watching it. Unless maybe they get a different set of gals to announce it. The prospect of hearing them for potentially 5 more games was too much to contemplate.

major tidefan

All-American
Jul 3, 2006
Boaz,AL
It will most likely go 3 games. I'll pass on watching it. Unless maybe they get a different set of gals to announce it. The prospect of hearing them for potentially 5 more games was too much to contemplate.
The mute button is one of the greatest inventions in human history.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Great game last night - wow - nerve racking there at the end!

Michigan is a great team - we're fortunate to get the win and still need one more.

Hopefully Lauren will come through tonight but you can bet UM will be giving it their all....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.