Why was Oklahoma an 11 seed?

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Oklahoma was 45-7. Only 3 teams lost fewer games. Florida, Oregon and Michigan with 6 and they were seeded 1,2,3. Only one other team lost fewer than 10 games. Auburn with 9 and they were seeded 4th. :rolleyes:

Edit: Correction. LaLA also lost but 9, and James Madison lost 8. But I'm talking about Big Girl Softball.

Last edited:

CrimsonHammer

Scout Team
May 27, 2014
Clarksville, TN
It is a very strange result that is guaranteed to knock out either us or them. I can't answer the question without going toward a conspiracy to get different teams to the finals.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I've wondered about this as well. How in the heck are the last two national champions in the same super regional??
This is like like Kentucky playing Duke in the second round of the NCAA.
Ridiculous.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I thought the same thing. Until I saw the records I thought OU was having a subpar season. For them but this wasn't the case. Kayla Braud on SEC Now stated several times it was a shame this game wasn't played in OKC.

An interestinb stat-,OU has been put out by Bama 3 of 4 years. The announcers kept bragging about their Sr. Class. What about Bama's?��

Edit- here's an article about it- http://www.news9.com/story/29027158/ou-softball-sooners-to-host-regional-as-no-11-seed

According to the major polls OU was ranked either 4/5. Just beat a top 10 team IMO. The article says the Big 12 was down & OU's losses came to ranked noncoference games. TIFWIW.

Last edited:

major tidefan

All-American
Jul 3, 2006
Boaz,AL
I would like our chances with any of the teams in the world series rather than have to face OU again.They're easily a top 5 team.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I would like our chances with any of the teams in the world series rather than have to face OU again.They're easily a top 5 team.
My bigggest worry in the tourney is if we get stuck on the side with florida at some point. Softball has different rules in the 3rd round than baseball. the 1st winners's bracket games's losers go to the opposite side of the bracket. If we do have to play Florida I would want to do it after winning the first two games where we have a one game cushion. Otherwise its going to be tough. Michigan and UF are probably the two best teams in the tourney but Osorio is a lot better now than when she faced them earlier, but the bats have to wake up if we are going to make some serious noise.

but I do agree Oklahoma wouldve been harder in OKC for us. Its weird that in the last four years we are only one of two teams to beat them out of the NCAA tourney (oregon won an elimination game last year , but we beat them to give them their first loss). It is becoming an out of conference rivalry.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.