Game Thread: Game 3 ou vs bama

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
Great job ladies! Pluck and grit at its finest! Congrats to our girls but you have to admire Chamberlain for OU. She can hit a softball! They deserve to be in OKC also!

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Yeah, shame the way they set up the brackets. Of course, not having Zero U play in their backyard is not going to break me up.

Now we have Meechigan. Going to be tough.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
just back home. My phone died so I wasnt able to post in game 3, but when Runyon hit that grand salami it got incredibly loud. It was a great win, but moving forward we are going need to wake up the bats, or we are going to have nexium and tums games like we did in this series where we are depending on Osorio to pitch gems, which she has definitely done in this three game stretch. We played Michigan hard early in the season so its anyone's game. Im still a littlle shocked Oklahoma wasnt a top 10 team. They were better than a good bit of the top 8. Congrats to the girls and RTR

BTW: I cant find the official stats but someone in the ballpark told me that Runyon was 0-12 before she hit the grand slam for the series. If that is true then that is what is called being due for a huge one.

Also can someone tell me, if anyone is still reading this thread, if the foul ball from bell, I think, hit the net before the catcher caught it or was it a clean catch because I didnt have a clear view in the ballpark and they dont show replays there.

Last edited:

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
just back home. My phone died so I wasnt able to post in game 3, but when Runyon hit that grand salami it got incredibly loud. It was a great win, but moving forward we are going need to wake up the bats, or we are going to have nexium and tums games like we did in this series where we are depending on Osorio to pitch gems, which she has definitely done in this three game stretch. We played Michigan hard early in the season so its anyone's game. Im still a littlle shocked Oklahoma wasnt a top 10 team. They were better than a good bit of the top 8. Congrats to the girls and RTR

BTW: I cant find the official stats but someone in the ballpark told me that Runyon was 0-12 before she hit the grand slam for the series. If that is true then that is what is called being due for a huge one.

Also can someone tell me, if anyone is still reading this thread, if the foul ball from bell, I think, hit the net before the catcher caught it or was it a clean catch because I didnt have a clear view in the ballpark and they dont show replays there.
They never really showed a CLEAR cut view, but it sure looked like she trapped it against the net and the announcers agreed.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

• On the first, she was 0-13 in the series leading up to that AB. It was her second GS of the NCAA tourney. She also tied with Charlotte Morgan for most RBIs in the season with 79.
  • On the second I thought she caught it, just barely though. It was very close.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
They never really showed a CLEAR cut view, but it sure looked like she trapped it against the net and the announcers agreed.
It looked very close to me It was like the ball fell into her glove BUT, if the net wasn't there she might have dropped it.. Maybe..
I'm not going to argue it though. It's over and we got the win..

Congrats to the lady Tide, especially to Marisa (Home)Runyon for saving the game and putting them into the WCWS.
:biga:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.