LB Lyndell "Mack" Wilson Updates

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Al.com's recruiting update isn't too confident in Wilson, Davis, Gary, Brown or Simmons. If they are right we will have a top 10 class but, only 3rd in the SEC west. Won't hurt us next year but, could hurt us in 2017. Especially if Ole Miss continues to recruit with an unlimited slush fund.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Wylie, I read the story and walked away with a different feel. Davis is coming to Alabama; Gary is not. The rest are up in the air.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Re: '16 AL OLB Lyndell "Mack" Wilson

We are in good shape with Wilson due in part, that he has a "handler" that Kirby recruited him through. Bama now has gone through his parents and it is paying off
I think the Gators are a bigger threat to us signing him then the Dawgs. But I do think we will get him.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Wylie, I read the story and walked away with a different feel. Davis is coming to Alabama; Gary is not. The rest are up in the air.
Hope we get Davis. I really hate he is visiting boogerville this weekend. I'm sure he will be seeing how the unlimited debit card works.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Let me just say on Wilson that his interest in Florida is well documented at this point. He's been open about that, and if he did end up signing with Florida, it couldn't be considered a surprise.

Having said that, one of the reasons for ongoing optimism for 'Bama here is that Wilson continues to keep saying, in sum and substance, "Well, in the two or three days before NSD, me and my family will sit down and figure out what's best for me." And it's precisely those kind of situations, where you hash it out with family, that kids often stay closer to home. As a general rule of thumb, if you're recruiting a kid from a pretty good distance and you don't have him locked in as you enter the final hours, you are rarely going to win the last-minute toss-up with the family against the close-to-home school.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Let me just say on Wilson that his interest in Florida is well documented at this point. He's been open about that, and if he did end up signing with Florida, it couldn't be considered a surprise.

Having said that, one of the reasons for ongoing optimism for 'Bama here is that Wilson continues to keep saying, in sum and substance, "Well, in the two or three days before NSD, me and my family will sit down and figure out what's best for me." And it's precisely those kind of situations, where you hash it out with family, that kids often stay closer to home. As a general rule of thumb, if you're recruiting a kid from a pretty good distance and you don't have him locked in as you enter the final hours, you are rarely going to win the last-minute toss-up with the family against the close-to-home school.
Hear, hear! :cool2:

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Mack just tweeted this....

I like Bama's chances.
Saw where he deleted that tweet. Co-worker is well plugged in at UF said he was still expected to visit... (That was as of about 3:30) I still like our chances more than I did yesterday.)

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
His latest comments are basically what I was referencing a page or two back.

When you're interested in an out-of-state school while keeping a very strong in-state program firmly in the mix, and your family is going to play a big role in your decision, and your family hasn't really bought into the out-of-state school by the final days...

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.