Game Thread WCWS Elimination Game Bama @ LSU

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Ball game. Too little too late. It will probably be remembered of what could've been but it was a great rebuilding year and we have a bright future with Murphy and osorio. Rtr

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Ball game. Too little too late. It will probably be remembered of what could've been but it was a great rebuilding year and we have a bright future with Murphy and osorio. Rtr
Yep not a bad rebuilding year for sure. Osorio will be straight up nasty (I think she already is). Our lack of run production hurt us early on and I agree that Murphy had to sit her for this game. No sense is ruining her arm as a Freshman. McCleney proved once again why she is one of the best in America and the best CF without a doubt. If Murph keeps getting the pieces we need we will be back without a doubt. If we just could have gotten 1 or 2 of those runs in, in the 6th we would have had a shot to tie this game or more.

At least they put up a fight. Unlike a similar team we have. (I'll stop while I am still ahead.)
Yea no joke. That reflects coaching (the not giving up and fighting till the end) and the difference between the girls and our boys teams are MILLIONS OF MILES apart. Sadly like me and you have talked about I think we'll see the same next year for the boys.

Well congrats to the girls, that Super Regional against Oklahoma was amazing and they almost pulled another comeback this year. I thought we got janked with our matchups though as we all agreed OU was way better than their seeding and Michigan should have been #2 at worst only behind Florida. Things could have been much different without getting the bad end of the draw.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Yep not a bad rebuilding year for sure. Osorio will be straight up nasty (I think she already is). Our lack of run production hurt us early on and I agree that Murphy had to sit her for this game. No sense is ruining her arm as a Freshman. McCleney proved once again why she is one of the best in America and the best CF without a doubt. If Murph keeps getting the pieces we need we will be back without a doubt. If we just could have gotten 1 or 2 of those runs in, in the 6th we would have had a shot to tie this game or more.

Yea no joke. That reflects coaching (the not giving up and fighting till the end) and the difference between the girls and our boys teams are MILLIONS OF MILES apart. Sadly like me and you have talked about I think we'll see the same next year for the boys.

Well congrats to the girls, that Super Regional against Oklahoma was amazing and they almost pulled another comeback this year. I thought we got janked with our matchups though as we all agreed OU was way better than their seeding and Michigan should have been #2 at worst only behind Florida. Things could have been much different without getting the bad end of the draw.
Agreed on all points.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Agreed. UF and UM are clearly the best of the bunch. The Quacks seemed to get too much respect for winning what used to be the dominant conference.

Even the Super Regionals were hosed. No way Zero U should have paired with us. Both teams were worthy of a trip to OKC. More impressed with them than the Quacks.

Although it is ironic we usually take both of them out!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
We do have one more year with mccleney and Runyon so hopefully that will help us next year. Osorio is only getting better, if we can get consistent at hitting and littlejohn can get back to how she was last year then it might be that special season all over again. But congrats to the tide ladies they played great this season and there were just a few too many great teams to beat for a young team going through growing pains. But my hat goes off to them and Murphy

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Agreed. UF and UM are clearly the best of the bunch. The Quacks seemed to get too much respect for winning what used to be the dominant conference.

Even the Super Regionals were hosed. No way Zero U should have paired with us. Both teams were worthy of a trip to OKC. More impressed with them than the Quacks.

The thing that got them noticed was their record and their batting. People put too much stock in offense that they forget about that baseball and softball the teams with the best defense and pitching usually wins. That's why the royals and giants made it to the mlb World Series and why vandy won the cws last year.

As far as Oklahoma vs Oregon I would say Oklahoma would've annihilated Oregon. Even though last year Oregon eliminated them I still think Oregon and ucla were the two weakest teams. While ucla put up a fight against Michigan they were never going to win a run fest against Michigan, and they probably wouldnt have beaten us with Lexi. Which lsu definitely wouldn't, but I understand the decision and murph has earned our trust in those kinda decisions so we really
Can't be mad about it.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I honestly think they had it out for us this year because the SEC was so strong. I agree 100% that the PAC-whatever gets too much respect. People still act like they are a power conference in softball, and while they do have some strong teams I thought Oregon has been overrated for a while now. I thought UCLA was the better team of the two out of the PAC-whatever. I think it should have been:

1. Florida
2. Michigan
3. OU (yes I think they were that good)
4. LSU
5. Auburn
6. Bama
7. UCLA
8. Oregon

We do have one more year with mccleney and Runyon so hopefully that will help us next year. Osorio is only getting better, if we can get consistent at hitting and littlejohn can get back to how she was last year then it might be that special season all over again. But congrats to the tide ladies they played great this season and there were just a few too many great teams to beat for a young team going through growing pains. But my hat goes off to them and Murphy
I'm not sure Littlejohn can get back but I hope she does. Osorio proved she will be our #1 without a doubt and our go to pitcher and I imagine she'll get more innings next year as I truly think they were purposely keeping her innings low with her being a Freshman this year.

A look at our lineup next year (bold is returning starter, and their grade next year):

Pitcher: Alexis Osorio (Sophomore)
Catcher: Carrigan Fain (Sophomore)
1st Base: Leona Lafaele (Senior)
2nd Base: Demi Turner (Sophomore)
Shortstop: ???????????????
3rd Base: Marisa Runyon (Junior)
Left Field: Chandler Dare (Junior)
Center Field: Haylie McCleney (Senior)
Right Field: ???????????????

So that is 6 out of 9 coming back there including our best pitcher. I like those odds any day of the week! I imagine Right Field we end up with Andrea Hawkins who will be a Senior so that is not really hurting us either. Of course I'm probably missing someone for SS. That is still a pretty good lineup with still only 2 Seniors and possibly 3 if Hawkins starts. Murphy is doing one heck of a job! RTR, the future is bright!!!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.