*** QB Jalen Hurts Signs With Alabama ***

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
Re: 4-Star Elite 11 QB Jalen Hurts is set to announce today

If this is CLK's guy as posed above, ya think that means CLK might be around a while? I hope so. RTR!
It wouldn't surprise me none if CLK stuck around Bama till he secured another national championship ring or two before moving on to an elite coaching job somewhere.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

We gonna put "Hurts" on the SEC. Welcome and Roll Tide Jalen!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

It wouldn't surprise me none if CLK stuck around Bama till he secured another national championship ring or two before moving on to an elite coaching job somewhere.
Has he ever moved his family to Tuscaloosa? Unless or until he does, he`s " day to day " in my opinion.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

Has he ever moved his family to Tuscaloosa? Unless or until he does, he`s " day to day " in my opinion.
At this point, I think Kiffin is like all other OCs and DCs....he's looking to improve his position. Either as a step up in school (which isn't possible from Alabama), or to the NFL, or to a college HC position.

Having been a head coach at two major programs, plus in the NFL, I think Kiffin is waiting for an offer from a major school. Right now he's still a bit radioactive from his immature and unnecessarily inflammatory conduct at Oakland, UTe and USCw. But he's well on the road to rehabilitation.

Honestly, I think the over / under on his tenure in Tuscaloosa is one year. If he can wring a Blake Sims-like performance from either Coker or Cornwell this fall, he'll get that offer. If the QB isn't as successful as (and with the absence of Amari Cooper, that's a possibility), the big offer might be another year away.

I'll be mildly and pleasantly surprised if he's our OC for 2016. I'll be really surprised if he's in Tuscaloosa in 2017.

But again, that's the case for any successful OC. They'll get other offers. Remember when our Shula / DuBose staffs were stable as rocks? It was because nobody wanted them, and we all know how that turned out. I'll take a little staff turnover to have the good coaching.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

At this point, I think Kiffin is like all other OCs and DCs....he's looking to improve his position. Either as a step up in school (which isn't possible from Alabama), or to the NFL, or to a college HC position.

Having been a head coach at two major programs, plus in the NFL, I think Kiffin is waiting for an offer from a major school. Right now he's still a bit radioactive from his immature and unnecessarily inflammatory conduct at Oakland, UTe and USCw. But he's well on the road to rehabilitation.

Honestly, I think the over / under on his tenure in Tuscaloosa is one year. If he can wring a Blake Sims-like performance from either Coker or Cornwell this fall, he'll get that offer. If the QB isn't as successful as (and with the absence of Amari Cooper, that's a possibility), the big offer might be another year away.

I'll be mildly and pleasantly surprised if he's our OC for 2016. I'll be really surprised if he's in Tuscaloosa in 2017.

But again, that's the case for any successful OC. They'll get other offers. Remember when our Shula / DuBose staffs were stable as rocks? It was because nobody wanted them, and we all know how that turned out. I'll take a little staff turnover to have the good coaching.
Agree completely. Wonder what the answer to my original question might be ? Haven`t heard that he has.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

Agree completely. Wonder what the answer to my original question might be ? Haven`t heard that he has.
I don't think he has moved the family to Tuscaloosa. At least, if he has, I haven't heard about it. And that would be about impossible to keep quiet.

But I don't think that has any bearing on his commitment to Alabama. He's as committed as any successful OC. Which is to say, he's ours until a good college HC or NFL OC or HC position is offered. Then he's gone. Just as any of us would be if offered a 500% salary increase.

That would be true regardless of whether the family is still in Southern California, or next door to the Sabans on Lake Tuscaloosa.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Roll Tide, Jalen!

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006

How did he do at the elite 11 semis?

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL

How did he do at the elite 11 semis?
Everything I've heard is that he had a pretty good weekend. I would think he gets an invite to the finals, but idk because a lot more goes into it than just their on field performance.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

Just to confirm, Hurts was Lane's top guy. Pass, however, is VERY high on our list and we went out of our way to show him that this week. He enjoyed his vist, and hopefully, we're able to take these two QBs in this class as we plan on.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
***4-Star Elite 11 QB Jalen Hurts commits to Alabama***

Isn't this the same mess we got ourselves into the last time we took 2 top QBs in the same class. We ended up having around 8 QBs on roster/scholarship and we are still working thorough that jam at the QB position..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: ***4-Star Elite 11 QB Jalen Hurts commits to Alabama***

Isn't this the same mess we got ourselves into the last time we took 2 top QBs in the same class. We ended up having around 8 QBs on roster/scholarship and we are still working thorough that jam at the QB position..
Difference was the guys already on campus at that time along with the particular QBs recruited for that class. Bateman was a top recruit, but McLeod appeared to be McElroy #2. This would be two top 10 QBs joining two of the top QBs in the last two classes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Re: ***4-Star Elite 11 QB Jalen Hurts commits to Alabama***

Difference was the guys already on campus at that time along with the particular QBs recruited for that class. Bateman was a top recruit, but McLeod appeared to be McElroy #2. This would be two top 10 QBs joining two of the top QBs in the last two classes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. I'm not trying to be negative it's just with all the QBs on roster now + Blake Barnett + if we take 2 in this class I could see us with 6+ QBs on roster again. That's an excessive amount to have at one time IMO..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.