*** 2016 DT Quinnen Williams Commits to Alabama ***
Thanks Thanks:  0 Like Like:  0 Dislike Dislike:  0 Roll Tide! Roll Tide!:  0 Ha Ha! Ha Ha!:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

*** 2016 DT Quinnen Williams Commits to Alabama ***

247 Profile

Committed to Auburn in January but decided to rethink things about a month ago. Many expect him to commit to Bama on June 30.

Former Auburn commit Quinnen Williams deciding next week, has 3 finalists

Wenonah defensive lineman Quinnen Williams is set to make his second commitment June 30.

The 6-foot-4, 265-pounder was committed to Auburn from Jan. 16 until June 5. The change of heart came days after he visited Tuscaloosa for a camp, and he hasn't taken any college visits since.

"When I committed to Auburn I kind of shut down from everyone to clear my mind and make sure I was doing the right thing," he told AL.com Wednesday night.

Williams is now down to three finalists -- Alabama, Auburn and Mississippi State -- and his mind is already made up.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

Re: 2016 DT Quinnen Williams (Wenonah, AL HS) Updates

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    247 Profile

Committed to Auburn in January but decided to rethink things about a month ago. Many expect him to commit to Bama on June 30.

Former Auburn commit Quinnen Williams deciding next week, has 3 finalists

The question I have is, " Does this in any way have any bearing on the recruitment of Rashan Gary, by us or the barn or both?"

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    The question I have is, " Does this in any way have any bearing on the recruitment of Rashan Gary, by us or the barn or both?"
    I don't think so as far as the Barn is concerned. The Barn has no crystal ball predictions out of 34. We are leading at 44% but Michigan is at 41% and they have gotten almost all of their predictions recently so Mich is the team to keep an eye on IMO.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    I don't think so as far as the Barn is concerned. The Barn has no crystal ball predictions out of 34. We are leading at 44% but Michigan is at 41% and they have gotten almost all of their predictions recently so Mich is the team to keep an eye on IMO.
    Thanks J. I agree. I can`t help but wonder that if we take a commitment from Q. Williams if that means we have reason to think R. Gary might be leaning elsewhere. I enjoy the CB`s as much as everybody, but they`re not 100%. And, I`m not taking a swipe at Q, Williams, either. If the coaches want him, good enough for me. It`s just that Gary appears to be an exceptional talent.

Thanks J. I agree. I can`t help but wonder that if we take a commitment from Q. Williams if that means we have reason to think R. Gary might be leaning elsewhere. I enjoy the CB`s as much as everybody, but they`re not 100%. And, I`m not taking a swipe at Q, Williams, either. If the coaches want him, good enough for me. It`s just that Gary appears to be an exceptional talent.
    I agree to the CB's reliability. I know what you mean about Gary. When I saw his video he looked like a young Reggie White (obviously a long way to go). I think Williams will play the true DE position where Gary would be a swing DT/DE like Ashawn and Jarran.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    I agree to the CB's reliability. I know what you mean about Gary. When I saw his video he looked like a young Reggie White (obviously a long way to go). I think Williams will play the true DE position where Gary would be a swing DT/DE like Ashawn and Jarran.
    I`ll reserve the Reggie White, although you may well be accurate on that. The name Glenn Dorsey came to my mind, and I`d take one of those any day!

BamaNation All-American gtowntide's Avatar

I read on a barn site that they have pulled his offer and moved on. I don't know if this is true but it could be some sour grapes. RTR!

Quote Originally Posted by gtowntide View Post
    I read on a barn site that they have pulled his offer and moved on. I don't know if this is true but it could be some sour grapes. RTR!
    They did the same with Lyndell Wilson when they realized he had no interest.

I`ll reserve the Reggie White, although you may well be accurate on that. The name Glenn Dorsey came to my mind, and I`d take one of those any day!
    I will take Dorsey all day also.

Andrew Bone tweeting Williams commits to Alabama!!

Williams: "I grew up a diehard Auburn fan. I committed to my dream school, but then I looked at things from a student-athlete standpoint...
    Williams continued, "Alabama was the best fit for me from how they can develop me as a player and as a man." More coming to TideSports.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."

-- Coach Bryant

Glad to have you on board, Quinnen! RTR

BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar

A three star guy but how often have we seen the rating services under-rate players from Birmingham city. I don't think they get the same exposure as other kids get and it hurts their ratings. Of course Saban doesn't care about ratings. Welcome aboard and RTR.
    BS 1989