The Saga of Ole Miss LT Laremy Tunsil

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Correct. Just pointing out Freeze's childish behavior on Twitter. Unless a person is threatening a coach or his family or making crude comments about the coach's family, the coach should never respond to someone like that.
what kind of head coach has time to mess around with twitter?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
This isn't the first time Hugh Freeze tweeted to a fan. Know a Wazzu fan who tweeted about Freeze last year without including Freeze's Twitter handle, so Freeze shouldn't have received any notification about the tweet. Yet, Freeze replied to the guy.
Finally found the tweet from the Wazzu fan...

Luckily, he has a screenshot of Freeze's tweet to him because Freeze clearly deleted it.

Attachments

Bama Czar

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Woodstock, GA
If I'm a head coach and my best player is being held out because of an NCAA investigation, and I've had no conversations with anyone from the NCAA, I would probably pick up the phone and make a call.
Of course the school is having conversations with the NCAA about Tunsil.....for OLE Miss to act as if they haven't is just ridiculous. JUst say, "Yes, but we have no updates."....at least people could somewhat believe that.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
If I'm a head coach and my best player is being held out because of an NCAA investigation, and I've had no conversations with anyone from the NCAA, I would probably pick up the phone and make a call.
You would think their compliance department has been in touch with the NCAA and Freeze answered the reporters question if he had been in touch with them.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Improper contact with an agent usually results in 1 to 3 game suspension if reported properly.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Mr Freeze...

Was coaching at a place called Lambuth College in 2009, when Coach Saban won his first at Alabama.

Freeze enters the SEC a few years later, with no resume, at a place with no tradition sans redneck elitists trying to paint partying in a copse of trees as 'Dinner in The Hamptons". A place with no history and modest facilities, in a barren area of North Mississippi...

Freeze IMMEDIATELY starts beating questionable programs like...

LSU
Alabama
Georgia
Texas etc etc etc for TOP recruits

Freeze and Ole MIss are dirty as can be, and those involved in dealing with them know this

Last edited:

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Mr Freeze...

Was coaching at a place called Lambuth College in 2009, when Coach Saban won his first at Alabama.

Freeze enters the SEC a few years later, with no resume, at a place with no tradition sans redneck elitists trying to paint partying in a copse of trees as 'Dinner in The Hamptons". A place with no history and modest facilities, in a barren area of North Mississippi...

LSU
Alabama
Georgia

Freeze and Ole MIss are dirty as can be, and those involved in dealing with them know this

Wow, for a new member / poster, brother, you sure know how to bring it...

Masterfully written...

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
Mr Freeze...

LSU
Alabama
Georgia

I went on a recruiting visit to Lambuth College for Basketball, 30 years ago.....I got there pretty late at night, it was small and a weird place.....the next morning I was told to get my gear on and hit the gym? ( I had visited Idaho for basketball as well and this was nothing like even Idaho--yes Idaho from Alabama--don't ask even longer story)? I thought I was on a visit???....and I was kind of on a visit to see the school and participate in a "tryout". The gym was pitiful, the school was pitiful and after breakfast I didn't want to be there, I went to the gym in which it was worse than my high school gym, and there were about 40 kids or more there for this so called tryout (for 2 spots)....I ran one game, as it was pick up games while the coaches watched....made and missed a few shots, came off the floor, went to my room, packed my bags and left. The coach and my female host called me after I got home the next day, and asked me why I left....I said I was not interested in going to school there. That was 30 years ago, so they might have some better buildings and stuff there now, but I was miserable. I knew the second I stepped on that deserted small campus, I would not go to school there even if they paid for it. My cousin and a school team mate went with me, and the entire ride home all I could do was apologize to them for asking them to go with me. I said all of that to say.....Hugh Freeze sucks as much as Lambuth College! LOL

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Mr Freeze...

LSU
Alabama
Georgia

And yet...the band plays on. Are the PTB's just tuning a blind eye? Do they just not care? Really, is there anyone that does not find this unusual? Or is this becoming the norm, post Scam Newton?

Roll Tide!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.