*****2017 ATH Dylan Moses commits to Bama***** (arrived 1/8)

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Re: *****2017 ATH Dylan Moses commits to Bama*****

He's been solid since committing. Even when taking visits. He even seems to be recruiting others to UA in this class. There's been an excess of false smoke around a few of our top recruits this year. The only one I feel is really up in the air is Harris.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Really great news!! I was really concerned on this one. I honestly thought he was a flip but so glad to be wrong, apparently.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian

He's been solid since committing. Even when taking visits. He even seems to be recruiting others to UA in this class. There's been an excess of false smoke around a few of our top recruits this year. The only one I feel is really up in the air is Harris.
Agree. MeatChicken took their shot at him this weekend. I think if he flips, it will be for the Fighting' Harbaughs. Hope we can hold him.

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC

By him signing financial aid papers, we now have unlimited contact (talk, text, etc) no limitations with him. So we should be able to hold on to him. This is great news.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

He's showing up in January. I don't think he's going to make drastic change of plans less than a month from starting classes. He's probably turning in the papers so he can go through an orientation session and enroll in classes.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

If he's as advertised -- and I don't have any reason not to think he is -- then this is big. Out of LSU's backyard over the last minute work of Coach O.
Padre google his highlights. His form is something it takes some years to learn. He has all the instincts of a dominating LB'er. I will be highly surprised if he doesn't play right away on special teams (like Hamilton and Mack Wilson) and be in the 2nd or 3rd rotation of the LB'ers right away. Wouldn't surprise me if he started, he is that good.

While this is a big step, the financial aid agreement isn't binding like a LOI is. Still, this is definitely good news.
Yep him coming out and simply saying he signed one with Bama and not signing one with LSU pretty much says "I'm done". It's not binding of course, but us having unlimited contact during the dead period and LSU not having the same privilege pretty much seals the deal. He could have signed one with LSU but why not come out and mention that as well ya know? By the time the dead period is over LSU just simply won't have enough time to flip him since he's an early enrollee unless he has lied and/or held back info in that tweet about signing the form with Bama and being done.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

He's showing up in January. I don't think he's going to make drastic change of plans less than a month from starting classes. He's probably turning in the papers so he can go through an orientation session and enroll in classes.
Exactly. He will be on campus in three weeks. He is in the get your stuff together, get boxes packed, say goodbye to your friends, teachers, etc... mode. Don't see any changes coming.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL

Exactly. He will be on campus in three weeks. He is in the get your stuff together, get boxes packed, say goodbye to your friends, teachers, etc... mode. Don't see any changes coming.
Triggered a memory-- I remember seeing a signee arrive on campus carrying a paper grocery sack. Paraphrasing what I overheard, Administrator says "Welcome. Here's your room number. Go grab the rest of your stuff and move in." Signee: "This is all of it, sir." Every thing he owned was on his back or in that grocery sack.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Triggered a memory-- I remember seeing a signee arrive on campus carrying a paper grocery sack. Paraphrasing what I overheard, Administrator says "Welcome. Here's your room number. Go grab the rest of your stuff and move in." Signee: "This is all of it, sir." Every thing he owned was on his back or in that grocery sack.
Fascinating, but it reminds me also that a full ride athletic scholly comfortably takes care of all your basic needs for those four years.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL

Fascinating, but it reminds me also that a full ride athletic scholly comfortably takes care of all your basic needs for those four years.
Of course. My point being that it might be difficult for all of us to understand or appreciate the backgrounds from which some recruits come.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Of course. My point being that it might be difficult for all of us to understand or appreciate the backgrounds from which some recruits come.
biggest thing that stuck out to me from watching "Last Chance U"

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Dylan has been cleared academically and will join the team by Friday

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

Anybody know if Moses made to campus today? Still nothing on Judy either he was supposed to arrive earlier this week so just wondering about him as well.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.